Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
early early Borsalino thin ribbon

102511.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Josh: Thank you for your very kind remarks. The old warhorse Standard Quality is one of my favorites for sure. She received quite a few very positive comments from my colleagues at the meeting. Brought back fond memories of their Grandpas!

Justin: Many thanks, my friend. I love a good tie.

zetwal: Thanks. :yo: Wish I could find more of these great old Standards in my size.

LoveMyHats2: I appreciate your comment. lol Never considered journalism as a career but the old time news reporters and gumshoes wore their hats well.

Perry: You are too kind, thank you. Why not take both lightweight felts AND straw on your trip in January? See my response to Alan's query below!

Steve: Thank you, kind Sir.

Alan: Beautiful jacket and hat today. Thank you for your kind words, and I was waiting for that question. lol I brought four lids along for the trip, counting the one I wore, which HAD to be my Panama. I had posted a pic of my Optimo Silverbelly a few days back. The felts were placed in medium sized heavy duty trash bags and carefully packed in my trusty old J.W. Hulme duffle, which I carried onboard the plane. The bags provide a surprising amount of cushioning, and, with the excess material stuffed into the crowns of the lids, sufficient reinforcement to make the journey without any problems. I did not need to re-crease any of the lids.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the nice replies, Cicero, Hato and Zetwal.

Monbla, I understand what you are saying about the crease and I think you've described a trait of old felt that many of us love so much. It's very hard to crumple a crown in a modern hat and get the same character.

AL, I am happy that you noticed this old leather coat. Our fall and spring are so short, sometimes I forget to take it out before the season changes. This is a mid-calf length lightweight Gucci coat that I found many years ago buried in a sale rack in San Francisco. I seem to remember it was 90% off and still expensive enough that I had to think about it for a long time.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Al, great shots from your trip. I like your packing system to be able to bring more hats along.

Alan, lovely Borsalino!

Very sweet looking hat there, forget the big coffee, look at that jacket!

Thanks, LMH2. The jacket is an old Dockers brand made in China. I've had a few years and it is really comfortable. I plan to get a proper jacket from those folks in Galashiels when I get the chance.

David, Your Borsalino looks fantastic!

Thank you Steve. Love my Borsalinos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe