Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Stetson OR 25X adds a flair this morning.

“How to Get Ready for the Open Road – Begin by fitting yourself up in a Stetson Open Road Hat. The Open Road Hat $12.95-$100.00 – To wear with flair anywhere. Westerners love it – so do easterners. Its classic lines, narrow band, set-up brim have made it a hit everywhere.” September 1965 magazine ad.

Good morning folks. The Stetson 25X this morning was my go to fedora. The brisk 40' temps had me bundling up and the Stetson OR seemed to be the right choice.

077-S.jpg

This 25X is fun to wear. As to dent, I have the crown steamed into a teardrop. I will bring back to a center dent later this week. The center dent, IMO, adds a depth of field and a hint of uptown as a result. I have a sport jacket affair later this week and perhaps this will be the choice.

Thanks for letting me share my Stetson OR. Best, Eric -

(BTW: Grandfather Walter, wearing his Stetson, and young me pic on the wall.)

ejbhats

A-List Customer
Nice lid Eric! It's getting nippy here too. Had to put the jammies on the chickens last night!

“How to Get Ready for the Open Road – Begin by fitting yourself up in a Stetson Open Road Hat. The Open Road Hat $12.95-$100.00 – To wear with flair anywhere. Westerners love it – so do easterners. Its classic lines, narrow band, set-up brim have made it a hit everywhere.” September 1965 magazine ad.

Good morning folks. The Stetson 25X this morning was my go to fedora. The brisk 40' temps had me bundling up and the Stetson OR seemed to be the right choice.

077-S.jpg

This 25X is fun to wear. As to dent, I have the crown steamed into a teardrop. I will bring back to a center dent later this week. The center dent, IMO, adds a depth of field and a hint of uptown as a result. I have a sport jacket affair later this week and perhaps this will be the choice.

Thanks for letting me share my Stetson OR. Best, Eric -

(BTW: Grandfather Walter, wearing his Stetson, and young me pic on the wall.)

Thanks for providing that link, buler. The post immediately following the one you have linked to contains photos of the brim treatment, as well.

And, thanks for the comments on the Nokabout, gents!

Cheers,
JtL

Thanks for sharing that link to the brim treatment... it explains what I thought was a discrepancy in photos of an Etsy Stetson hat I had looked at earlier this week... same edge, I think.

Lovely hat, JTL!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Fléchet Haut-Luxe

I've gotten the stacked storage line to fade a bit...seller had 2 Homburgs that probably sat on this one.
P1020927.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe