Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Yesterday I wore my Stetson Open Road 3X to handle the rain.
0d0e757e.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Weekend Roundup

Saturday morning, a breeze filling the jib and main on a great old, free sailing model yacht, the second of two that I have found in the past month. VS, Satin, Granite.

Dusty pre '46 Mallory and bold-look Champ Supreme White Coney 4X Quality.

Trying on the great white Champ.

Rack o' hats. Malrov, Donfield, Borsalino, and Wormser.

Saturday evening concert. Orchestra Hall, Minneapolis. The first outing for the Stetson St. Regis I bought at the flea market last Saturday.

St. Paul on Sunday. Borsalino. Rutenio Qualita Speciale in the sun.

With the Edina Model Yacht Club as the sun set. Borsalino in the shade.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Great assortment, Al! How was the concert?

I saw a few nice lids in Stillwater yesterday, at rather inflated prices... Still-- a very sharp black Royal Deluxe Stetson with a triple stitched brim, and a navy blue stingy Borsalino velour. No purchases, however.

On Saturday and Sunday I traded back and forth with my daughter between my Dennis Brooks black fedora and my new ebay acquisition: a very fine grey Guild edge Dobbs. Unfortunately we were running around so much that the camera didn't make its way out of the car. I'll try to get around and post in the new hats thread this afternoon.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Wow. You go to New Jersey for two days and you miss a lot.

Great balloon photos BR. That looks like a really fun time.

RBH, you and your wife look right at home. Thanks for sharing those. ---and if they ever want to get rid of that Crown sign, please let me know. ;)

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Great assortment, Al! How was the concert?

I saw a few nice lids in Stillwater yesterday, at rather inflated prices... Still-- a very sharp black Royal Deluxe Stetson with a triple stitched brim, and a navy blue stingy Borsalino velour. No purchases, however.

On Saturday and Sunday I traded back and forth with my daughter between my Dennis Brooks black fedora and my new ebay acquisition: a very fine grey Guild edge Dobbs. Unfortunately we were running around so much that the camera didn't make its way out of the car. I'll try to get around and post in the new hats thread this afternoon.

Thanks, Jeff, so you were able to make it to your premier after all! I forgot to mention to you that I had totally overlooked the fact that Lydia had included Saturday's Minnesota Orchestra concert as part of our season ticket package, so we sadly missed attending to your premier. I hate conflicts like this, as we would have really enjoyed meeting up with you and hearing your work. How was the premier?

Stillwater is a tourist town, and especially this time of the year, with the Fall colors at peak, there tends to be masses of people visiting during the weekends. Does not surprise me that you did not find any bargains. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new lid.

Saturday night's Minnesota Orchestra concert was exceptional. The Milhaud was fascinating. Simone Dinnerstein was wonderful on the Ravel, but the Strauss was, well...heroic! An epic and unforgettable performance of Ein Heldenleben, the most magnificent I have ever heard.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Ale: Thanks, but I'm afraid you can't have the Borsalino! :nono: Besides, at Punti 6.5 it would sit on your ears, and even your prodigious hatting skills won't suffice to make it fit! lol

Alan: Thank you, and from one 'Hommie' to another, :tea:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
BR: Really appreciate the wonderful photos from the Balloon Fiesta. The pre-dawn photos are particularly striking. Must be both glorious and a bit sad for you to watch the spectacle from terra firma.

jlee562: Great photo. Beautiful hat. The thought of such a nice lid blowing irretrievably away flashes across my mind as the image of aureliano's hat taking flight off the Brookly Bridge has been traumatically embedded in my psyche.

Rusty: Great photo set. Looks like the perfect afternoon for a visit to the Homestead.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
BR: Thank you, I appreciate your kind words. I really envy your adventures floating aloft in your magnificent balloons!

David: Thanks, Borsalino brother!

Last edited:

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Al, I don't mind watching from the ground, but my wife comes away from the fiesta each year thinking about buying a new balloon. Thankfully, with time the temptation goes away.

BR

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Great shots, Rusty!

jlee: every time you post photos of the bay I start to hunger! :) Nice hat, too, of course.

The only snapshots I grabbed quickly from a weekend excursion to Stillwater, MN (hat pictured was my 100% beaver made by DRB):
stillwater002copy.jpg

stillwater003copy.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Jeff, so you were able to make it to your premier after all! I forgot to mention to you that I had totally overlooked the fact that Lydia had included Saturday's Minnesota Orchestra concert as part of our season ticket package, so we sadly missed attending to your premier. I hate conflicts like this, as we would have really enjoyed meeting up with you and hearing your work. How was the premier?

Stillwater is a tourist town, and especially this time of the year, with the Fall colors at peak, there tends to be masses of people visiting during the weekends. Does not surprise me that you did not find any bargains. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new lid.

Saturday night's Minnesota Orchestra concert was exceptional. The Milhaud was fascinating. Simone Dinnerstein was wonderful on the Ravel, but the Strauss was, well...heroic! An epic and unforgettable performance of Ein Heldenleben, the most magnificent I have ever heard.

Sounds wonderful. What a nice program! Ein Heldenleben is one of my favorites of Strauss' tone poems. I wish more orchestras would program Ein Alpensinfonie, however...! Did the oboist survive the octaves in the 2nd mvt. of the Ravel?

Yes, by some blessing in disguise, perhaps, my other tour got cancelled last minute due to loss of funding, so I was able to hear the premier in Stillwater. The instrumentalists did a very nice job (as with all first performances, there were a few rocky spots) but truthfully I'm not sure that the soprano had ever looked at the part. She looked terrified and sang like it. The good news is that there was enough interest and positive response that it may be programmed again next season, and paired with a Bach Cantata, so cross your fingers!

Just snapped a few quick shots of the new Dobbs and will post shortly!

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Nice couple of photos, Jeff. Great hat on your dash. Looks like soft morning light on the St. Croix River. How was the concert at Trinity Lutheran?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe