Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, and the concert went generally well, thanks for asking! In an effort not to provoke the off-topic police officers, I'll refer you to a more detailed response in the WHAYWT thread! ;-)

delectans

Call Me a Cab
I am in complete agreement. Ein Heldenleben is the most epic of Strauss' epic tone poems, without a doubt. I have never heard any live performances of Ein Alpensinfonie, unfortunately, but it will certainly be unforgettable as well when I finally do. These works have a dimension that is electrifying as well as emotionally stirring and uplifting when heard live, performed by a great orchestra, that even great recordings can not adequately do justice to.

Basil Reeve was brilliant in the Ravel. I am not certain, however, if he used his Laubin cocobolo oboe for that piece.

Great news that your work received such praise at the premier. Always nice for new works to "have legs"! :thumb:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Another grey day after two of WONDERFUL RAIN. For you folks who've had normal moisture this year, you don't know how NICE it is to get this stuff after almost a year of NO moisture :) Wearing my Steel Grey Squatter to blend in with the day :)

19870021.jpg

19870022.jpg

Alan: "Best Columbus Day ever... sunny, 75 degrees, Stetson Standard Quality Featherweight with blue crest feeling soooo right.

Lily: "Best Columbus Day ever... sunny and warm and dad says I can drive his car. Feeling so good, I'll even let dad take my picture with his silly hat.

101011.jpg

101011_2.jpg

scooter

Practically Family
My new ( to me) Knox Vagabond, acquired from a fellow lounger. This taken at the fountain in downtown Gilbert, Az after breakfast with my nephew and my beloved.

IMG_0179.JPG

scooter

Practically Family
My beloved and I (I have known her for 49 years), in front of the Gilbert, AZ fountain after breakfast this morning. I'm wearing my Knox Vagabond, which is simply a wonderful hat, IMHO.

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Great pictures, scooter! You know that you and your better half are close when you unintentionally(I assume) pick out color matched outfits.

That Knox Vagabond looks smashing on you.

Thanks Z and AL... we all returned from the drive unscathed.

Looking good Scooter.
LMH2... looking fierce (which my daughter would say is looking bad, which means looking very good!)

randooch

I'll Lock Up
LMH2 that's a good look for a dad to have when answering the door on his daughter's first date.

Alan, your car must not be a stick-shift or you wouldn't look so calm. :)

Scooter, all my years in AZ and I never made it to Gilbert! Nice photos.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Scooter - love the Vagabond. Reminds me of my Nockabout

LMH2 - cool photo and nice hat.

Borsalino Fest continues for me on this trip; my blue Rollable

smugshot2472530-L.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Scooter - love the Vagabond. Reminds me of my Nockabout

LMH2 - cool photo and nice hat.

Borsalino Fest continues for me on this trip; my blue Rollable

smugshot2472530-L.jpg

Thanks....my favorite rifle, had to get it out and take a shot with it, (well with the cell phone camera)...custom bore nitro express for elephant or any large moving object!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
LMH2 that's a good look for a dad to have when answering the door on his daughter's first date.

Alan, your car must not be a stick-shift or you wouldn't look so calm. :)

Scooter, all my years in AZ and I never made it to Gilbert! Nice photos.

Thank you kindly sir....take the tumble weed express and head over to Gilbert...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe