Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan: Evocative and compelling photographs. Well done!

Jeff: Great to see you posting to this thread! Love the picture of you walking Tasha.

Last edited:
The sun is supposed to make a return appearance later today... I decided to walk on the wide side.

1930's Stetson Real Nutria Quality with 3 1/2" brim.

realnutria100411.jpg

BR Gordon

One Too Many

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for sharing your comments!

Right on, but these are homage portraits... a series that my dad has been painting in recent years. You might enjoy these self portraits that mix his likeness over the years with painters both classical and 20th C. My Dad has painted actively from the 1940's (he attended Cooper Union at night before the war) through recent years, with a couple of hiatuses.

3paintings.jpg

Those paintings are incredible!!! Your father is an incredibly talented painter. You must be so extremely proud. I know I would be. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks Josh. He has done some excellent work. Someday I will share some of the earlier pieces which are quite different. I have a few of his paintings at my house, including this portrait of me in my better hair days.

dads_painting.jpg

Thanks Josh, Jeff, Zetwal... this is one of those hats that makes you smile as wide as the brim. I'm very happy to have the opportunity to wear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe