Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwalls

Vendor
100_0076.JPG

Today it is under 100 degrees so I worn one of my derbies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Hey there. Long time no see. Let's catch up.

The last weekend of August had us posing in cut-outs at a local shopping center, stopping at a church fair, and hitting the local Homecoming carnival.
DSC_0046-1.jpg

DSC_0075-1-1.jpg

DSC_0208-1-1.jpg

Labor Day weekend was busy. It started with a group of friends crammed into a car for the drive to Lakeville, Ct, and the Lime Rock Race Park Historic Festival for vintage racing and car show.
DSC_0304-1.jpg

DSC_0274-2-1.jpg

DSC_0282-1.jpg

DSC_0286-1.jpg

DSC_0302-1.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
On Labor Day, the Cleveland International Air Show was cold, windy, and not really our thing. We had won tickets, so we went and made the best of an hour or so.
DSC_0346-1.jpg

DSC_0364-1-1.jpg

DSC_0399-1.jpg

DSC_0344-1.jpg

DSC_0358-1.jpg

Being fully satisfied with our review of large, flying things, we stopped by the St. Rocco festival in Cleveland. It was our first time there, but certainly not our last. It's the only carnival I've ever attended that wasn't just a bunch of teens strutting their stuff. This was really a community get-together. Despite the typical fair fare, there was also quite a bit of homemade Italian and food for sale.

DSC_0722-1.jpg

The highlight is the greased pole climb. (Yes, it sounds dirty and yes, it is). Had you asked me just prior to the event, I could never have predicted how truly exciting I'd find it. Along with the crowd, I was picking favorites, cheering everyone on, feeling the pain of those who fell (or slid) a bit short, and celebrating with the winners.

DSC_0714-1.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Alan - nice shots of your lastest Chicago trip. Great that you got to meet up with Josh as well.

jwalls, zetwal - enjoy your "cool" weather, gentlemen. Heavy rain and 60 here this morning! Wish we could send it to Texas today.

Optimo for me

smugshot15580-L.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I always get excited when I see you have posted new photos, Lefty. Thanks for starting off my day with a smile.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for all the nice comments. We aim for photos that make us smile, and it's good to hear that they can do the same for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe