Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...so please allow me this one dislike (where I do seem to be in the minority anyway).

Dislike granted T Rick. 8^) and sorry to dredge up the bad workplace memories.

David, a fitting choice for lofting your daughter up in the winds. How nice to have an excuse for a trip to London. Love the tarmac shot and that Stetson looks terrific. Is it a 1930's hat?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looking good, Dave. Once I do a little shaping "work" on the Grey 25 you sent me, I will be wearing and posting that one. It's a beauty!

I'm really glad you like it. The hat is a fantastic OR, but the colour didn't really work for me. Great that it has a new home - look forward so seeing you and the OR soon!

David, a fitting choice for lofting your daughter up in the winds. How nice to have an excuse for a trip to London. Love the tarmac shot and that Stetson looks terrific. Is it a 1930's hat?

Thanks Alan. Em has been spending part of the summer with our older daughter in the UK since she was old enough to fly alone, about 11 I think. This year she's just going for short time before starting college.

I really like wearing this Stetson, the felt is beautifully soft. I bought it from Douglas who described it as late 30's early 40's so you are about right on the date.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Medalist Boater

P1020708.JPG

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Indeed, that is a nice hat, Al. I'm looking forward to the arrival of its replacement in my line up.

Today at the office, I had my Bates Supreme. Not that well known a brand in the US, but very well made and I love the rich colour of the felt.

smugshot4411093-L.jpg

We were trying to use Sophie's spaceage Nikon 3100 with my old manual focus 35 f1.4 nikkor. Didn't work too well, but we had a fun time trying on hats. Sophie thinks I'm just a little nuts.

082611_3.jpg

082611_2.jpg

082611_4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust