Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatsEnough

Banned
082611_4.jpg

"Noooooo, I don't want to hear about your hat collection again!"

Thanks very much for the comments. I'm trying to figure out why, in such a fuzzy picture, my wrinkles come out so clear.

Stay dry and safe out there folks!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
We were trying to use Sophie's spaceage Nikon 3100 with my old manual focus 35 f1.4 nikkor.

Alan, I just love those old Nikon lenses. I have the 35mm F1.4 and 50mm F1.2 AIS models (remarkably both still in production) and find them to be at least as good as many of the new lenses.

Of course, the new SLR cameras lack a proper focusing screen which makes trying to manual focus at F1.2 an exercise in frustration - worth it when I get it right though!

Not knowing quite how the big storm is going to affect us here, Caren was out getting survival supplies (that included a new dress for some reason) and I entertained myself in the car, listening to Norwich losing to Chelsea, with my Tom Gomez Panama.

smugshot8092920-L.jpg

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Not knowing quite how the big storm is going to affect us here, Caren was out getting survival supplies (that included a new dress for some reason)

David, you need a new hat then. Because of the Hurricane you know? ;) lol lol

:eek:fftopic: We're getting ready for Irene here in NYC. Things are still calm. How are things in your front, Alan?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, you need a new hat then. Because of the Hurricane you know? ;) lol lol

:eek:fftopic: We're getting ready for Irene here in NYC. Things are still calm. How are things in your front, Alan?

Ah, now you mention it, I sold 2 hats last week so there are now 2 inbound ones :D

Just this minute started raining here in Southern, NH - totally calm though, no wind whatsoever. I think it is going to worse for you in NYC so hoping there are no problems for you!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Ah, now you mention it, I sold 2 hats last week so there are now 2 inbound ones :D

Just this minute started raining here in Southern, NH - totally calm though, no wind whatsoever. I think it is going to worse for you in NYC so hoping there are no problems for you!

Can't wait to see those inbound hats! Thanks for the good wishes. It's raining now...

It should miss us entirely. We've got three parents in Nassau and Suffolk county - my Dad is a few hundred yards from Great Peconic Bay. Hoping they keep their heads above water. All my NYC friends have been noting how odd the calm before the storm was. Can't imagine all that infrastructure closed. Stay safe.

Rusty... thanks for all those claps on my Churchill.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Glad to hear it won't be hitting you, Alan. NYC looks like a ghost town. It's surreal...

Grand central at time of subway shutdown. 2 Pm ish

GC.jpg

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Funny, but if there's one building in Manhattan that I'd feel safe in during a hurricane it would be Grand Central. I could see waiting it out at a fully stocked Oyster Bar.:p

Brando11

A-List Customer
Ahhh- that Churchill is a wonderful looking hat, Alan! I ususally go for a fairly tight front pinch, but yours has almost a hint of western to it that I like quite a bit.

Your daughter is lovely, btw. I have a nice Jewish young man (my son, Seth) here in Chicago I'd like her to meet (like she needs any help from me!)

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust