Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter

Practically Family
I have dallied with the notion of taking a photography class for some time, Al. You and Alan are a convincing argument to take the plunge. Both of you manage such artistry in your photographic essays. They are not simply pictures, but rather, portraits.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
When I first looked at the picture, I thought they were giant feathers in the guy's hats, then on closer inspection I saw they were fans. Is there some Gyspsy influence as in Flamenco Dancing?

What's in the photos is about the extent of what I know about Romanian culture. I can say that the dancing was pretty dull compared to other ethnic dancing that I've witnessed, but this was also just a church festival, not a professional troop.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
I have dallied with the notion of taking a photography class for some time, Al. You and Alan are a convincing argument to take the plunge. Both of you manage such artistry in your photographic essays. They are not simply pictures, but rather, portraits.

You are most kind, scooter. Thank you! I look forward to viewing your photos with eager anticipation!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Add me to the list of Fans of Hatto's Dobbs 20.

For me it is my Playboy today

smugshot7448197-L.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Yea, that's a fantastic photo. Well done ... :photo:

That photograph made me wonder, has TFL has ever had a "Shot-of-the-Year" contest? Maybe there could be several categories, Hat-Related and Non-Hat-Related among them. Alan's "Ballerina Sur Bateau" gets my vote for the latter category.

Thanks very much for the comments on Lily's ballet afield shots... credit goes to my wife Donna who is creative director on this ongoing project and to Sophie who took the photos... and to Lily, who can do pretty much anything she sets her mind to, except hit a tennis ball while doing an airborne split.

Zetwal, you are my favorite internet search engine... fast and always right on the money.

Duper

Practically Family
Took my Akubra Traveller to the UK (England and Scotland) and I was very impressed how it handled the long trip packed inside my carryon suitcase. It came out of the suitcase and went straight onto my head no worse for the journey. If this hat had a leather sweatband it would be even higher on my list of favourite lids. It sure came in handy on those rainy Scottish days as well as the sunny days.

Here is a snapshot taken on the bridge over the lake on the Campus of the University of Stirling in Stirling Scotland. We were there for 10 days for an international soccer tournament my son's soccer team participated in. 100 teams from 10 nations gathered for some very good sport and a very good time.

6072052846_8853ef80dd_z.jpg

For fans of the film "Braveheart" the monument you see to the left of me up on the hill is the Wallace Monument dedicated to Sir William Wallace. It overlooks the site of The Battle of Stirling Bridge that took place in 1297. It is about 265 narrow stone steps on a circular staircase to the top and offers some magnificent views of the surrondings.

I can see why they play so much soccer and golf in Scotland. The damp cool cloudy climate is perfect for growing grass.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust