Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
nysssa4.jpg

This is absolutely fantastic. Congratulations on your accomplished daughter and her scholarship.

It's hard to go wrong with a hatter and steam, and the shots with the ladies of the shop are great, but this hat sells the store to me. The finish on that hat is amazing.
Graham seems to be pretty serious about women's hats. It seems like his offerings in felt and straw have grown by leaps and bounds in the past five years.

but I still don't like that root beer milan he's wearing

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Alan and Al,

WOW! You guys have such great photos!

Alan: what a beautiful familly!

Al: What a great trip to Optimo, that photo with the conformateur reminds me of my time at Pateys!

389021217.jpg

What a handsome Dobbs 20!

I bought a Cuban cigar in Fort Erie, Ontario my first year in Buffalo. That was 1972. We lived very close to the downtown bridge to Canada (still do). It was discovered by customs on our way back home. They cut the cigar in half and gave me back the nice little wood lined metal container. I used it through art school to carry mat knives around. That's as close as I've gotten to a Cuban cigar. The current popularity of cigar smoking has passed me by I'm afraid. But I do enjoy a good prop!

cheers,
Alan

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Lefty, what hats are the Rumanian gentleman wearing? They look like stingy fedoras.

I'd missed this.
They are stingies, though I'm sure they pre-date any hipster incarnation of such. In fact, there were several styles of fedoras worn during the different dance numbers. The fan of peacock feathers from the photos I posted really caught my attention. When the women brought the hats out to the men, I couldn't even see the hats, and thought they were carrying fans.

I'd missed this.
They are stingies, though I'm sure they pre-date any hipster incarnation of such. In fact, there were several styles of fedoras worn during the different dance numbers. The fan of peacock feathers from the photos I posted really caught my attention. When the women brought the hats out to the men, I couldn't even see the hats, and thought they were carrying fans.

When I first looked at the picture, I thought they were giant feathers in the guy's hats, then on closer inspection I saw they were fans. Is there some Gyspsy influence as in Flamenco Dancing?

delectans

Call Me a Cab
It's hard to go wrong with a hatter and steam, and the shots with the ladies of the shop are great, but this hat sells the store to me. The finish on that hat is amazing.
Graham seems to be pretty serious about women's hats. It seems like his offerings in felt and straw have grown by leaps and bounds in the past five years.

but I still don't like that root beer milan he's wearing

Thanks, Lefty. The hat is Graham's amazing Satin/Melusine finish, in Tungsten, a ravishing combination, in my humble opinion. Graham has indeed focused considerable effort this season on developing ladies' Montecristis. Those Superfinos in particular are just incredible. As for Graham's Milan, we thought it looked quite good on him. Goes well with his polo. Must be my pictures...

I'm sure happy that I don't live close to a place like Optimo, I'd be both broke and divorced.

BR

'Tis so true. The straws and felts are impossible to resist when one has them in hand...

AL, I think you should give up the day job and be a photographer full time. These are just great.

Thanks for those feel good words, Alan, but, as Lydia is ever so keen to remind me, I had better keep my day job to pay for all of my indulgences and passionate interests. :whistling

I love all of the beautifully shot photos of your family. Sophie has your eye for composition and beauty. You are a blessed man, my friend!

Alan and Al,

WOW! You guys have such great photos!

Al: What a great trip to Optimo, that photo with the conformateur reminds me of my time at Pateys!

Thanks, Chasseur. Keep on posting your wonderful photos, I really enjoy vewing them!

Alan and AL, thanks for sharing those wonderful shots!

Thanks, Ale, wish you could have joined us!

Your pics at Optimo are great, Al, making me wish for a quick trip to Chi-town soon.

Appreciate your kind words, Perry!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust