Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Today, a vintage zephyr weight Playboy.

f5826049-1-1-1-1.jpg

SteveAS

Practically Family
I went to the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion this past weekend at Laguna Seca Raceway. I only had my Blackberry, so please excuse the quality of the photos, but here are some of my favorite pictures from the day.

A nice Ferrari Testarossa in the paddock:

IMG00238-20110819-1248.jpg

Two of the FOUR Ferrari 250 GTOs, which were entered in a Ferrari GTO special race. The announcer said Ferrari 250 GTOs are worth $25 - $30 million each!

IMG00241-20110819-1310.jpg

Me, in a in an old Burton Taylor lightweight thin-ribbon on a old military truck:

IMG00233-20110819-1125.jpg

Me again, this time with some considerably more recent vintage models:

IMG00247-20110819-1359.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Lefty: Wonderful pictorial! Always a good thing when adults and kids alike are having fun, and you look SO comfortable in that great Milan.

TCMfan25: Duly noted!

Egghead: That is one disheveled-looking Amanita!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Perry: Thanks!

Steve: Great photos! Pebble Beach and the old Laguna Seca track is the center of the universe for gearheads every August. I really miss the old Monterey Historics, but hope the new organizers will continue to make it the defining automotive event of the year. For those interested, here are a few write-ups I did from a few years back, on another forum. Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance & Monterey Historic Automobile Races, and more photos. Just realized that there are numerous missing photos in these old posts. I will try to get them back up soon.

SteveAS

Practically Family
I really miss the old Monterey Historics, but hope the new organizers will continue to make it the defining automotive event of the year.

I went to the Historics in 2006, 2007 and 2008, then the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in 2009 and 2010. This was my first year at the Monterey Motorsports Reunion (and the organizers' second year, I believe), but I thought it was a very good event. Perhaps it had a few more mundane old cars than did the Historics, but it certainly had lots of high end cars, too. Food options were not as good as they were at the Historics, but it was still an excellent gathering of special, old cars being used properly.

Were you on the Monterey peninsula this year, Al?

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Unfortunately we have not been back to Monterey since the change in direction. I think that the Concours and Tour d'Elegance, Concorso Italiano as well as the incredible auctions still make it a fantastic week, and hope that we will be able to find the time to attend the festivities in 2012.

jwalls

Vendor
Thank you, gentlemen. The hat was one of my Dad's old Churchill's that I rebuilt a while back. I hope he is looking down with pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust