Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words. Alan, I hope the rain that hit here early this morning doesn't ruin your day at the fair.

Thanks for the notes, RBG and Lefty... put this up after a night of carousing. It's actually my Supernatural leghorn. Would take a magician to get the Stetson crown up that high!

cheers,
Alan

Last edited:
IMG_1944.jpg

You both look very nice. I don't understand why no matter how good the man looks, the woman always out shines him.

I think this one may be a draw. The fine panama is a great choice with that dramatic suiting. Great photo.

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
IMG_1944.jpg

You both look very nice. I don't understand why no matter how good the man looks, the woman always out shines him.

No argument there. Ladies just are nicer to look at than us blokes. :) Probably partially has to do with the nature of ladies' attire. Not only is the fairer sex naturally more attractive, but they have all sorts of clothing choices to work with. Different types of dresses, "tops", skirts, necklaces, blingy earrings, etc, and in some big colors. As a dude, unless you're really talented at picking outfits, (I'm not) you're generally relegated to some version of jacket and tie for a nice outfit. And we'd probably be laughed at in a baby blue suit, so we're also constrained to certain colors, and use others just for the trim like ties.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Weekend Hat Parade

In front of the familiar brick wall at Optimo.

Creme, in Classic Weight.

Silverbelly, in Heirloom Weight.

The pure, natural silverbelly fur color is very difficult to capture with the camera.

Montecristi Plantation.

At Ravinia again, to see our friend Anne Akiko Meyers perform.

Axhead Lake, watching the Chicago RC Model Yacht Club in their Fall Soling One Meter race series.

Scanning the tables at the flea market in Rosemont.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Perry-- nice Borso, and I love that shirt!

Al-- Please continue modeling those Optimos-- it's nice to see such a variety actually on someone's head. I always have a tough time with isolated website photos that have no context.

The "creme" is just mouth-watering to me, but that natural silverbelly looks like it was made for you! I've been hoping to see contextual photos of his impressive Montecristi rolled brims, too-- thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust