Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter

Practically Family
That Strat prototype really looks good, RBH, but maybe it's just the dude modeling it. NAHHHH! It is a killer hat, and I can't wait till I have my own. As for the weekend's endeavors, I salute you both. It is a great cause and you two have done a great service. My only regret is that I wasn't there to lend my support. Thanks for all your effort!

scooter

Practically Family
Oh, by the way, loved the photo tour, Lefty. You and Delectans do an amazing job sharing your travels via the camera lens. Thanks for taking the time to allow us to enjoy your travels with you.

RBH

Bartender
Thanks for the kind words everyone!
It was great helping what little I did. Everyone had a fantastic time.

The Stratoliner will be a great hat. Mike and Matt are working hard to give us what we want.
I think we will be happy with the end fedora!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Has anyone actually tried to wear a stratoliner hat with the pin in it, onto an airplane? Did the TSA let you on with it? I have a couple of Sun Bodies with hat pins, but I haven't tried to wear them on the airplane yet.

How about lapel pins etc?

Later

pw032-3.jpg

Stratoliner today, but pinless.

In answer to your question MJS, I have flown with hats having pins on them. I put them in the bin to go through X-ray, and haven't had any problems so far.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice Strato, Hato!!

Today I have the latest hat to make its way from NYC to New Hampshire. Moss Green Mallory.
Thanks Douglas!

smugshot7334597-L.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Not much variety in my choice of hats this Summer, I'm afraid.

Monday at the Veteran's Memorial Water Wall on the way to the Field Museum.

Yesterday at Optimo for some R&R, my Milan.

Last edited:
Excellent Perry!

David, that was a great hat - glad you got it.

AL, glorious as always. I hear Optimo's summer weight reduction program works wonders on wallets!
Do you hop over there regularly? That's a six hour hop by car, right?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Wow, another good one Dave. If you got it from Douglas, it's got to be good!
David, that was a great hat - glad you got it.

Thank you gentlemen. I've been very fortunate and picked up several of the hats that Douglas has sold recently.

Al, I know you've been wearing the other hat you got from Optimo a lot, but I think the milan is my favorite of the two.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
AL, glorious as always. I hear Optimo's summer weight reduction program works wonders on wallets!
Do you hop over there regularly? That's a six hour hop by car, right?

Many thanks for your kind comments, Alan! Always check with your physician and CFO prior to visiting Spa Optimo. :cheers1:

Those are such nice straws, Al.

Thank you, Perry. I sincerely appreciate your always kind words!

Al, I know you've been wearing the other hat you got from Optimo a lot, but I think the milan is my favorite of the two.

Thanks, David, I really love my Milan! Gorgeous Mallory you are wearing today!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Ravishing, Alan! Lovely weave and ribbon color.

Forgot to answer your question above regarding our jaunts to the Windy City. Yes, we have made four trips there now in the past three months. We love road trips, and always savor the six hour drive across the beautiful Driftless Area of Minnesota and Wisconsin. The toll roads of Illinois, on the other hand, are despicable. Downright highway robbery, if you ask me!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
1930's-40's Stetson Leghorn (I think) straw... light and airy with a ribbon that goes with everything!

legstets10.jpg
]

Alan; This is a fine example of this hat. I can imagine you easily wearing this hat with casual clothes during the hot weather. The ribbon does, IMO, go with many combinations of casual. I bet the hat would work with some casual shorts and a sport shirt for heading to the farmers market. It has been my experience that when I am similar dressed (but not as classily hated) that I am able to cut better bargains. I hope your negotiations are equal or more profitable. I imagine that you can get utility out of this hat. Enjoy the hat.

I see that the pic shows the rippled effect that the brim has when I have seen them in person. This must be some characteristic of the actual weave, vs the aging of the material. The hat dome reflects the era it was made.

Reflection this evening suggests that I opine that your last couple of straw hats are my favs of the straws postings I have read of yours. The postings that I have read have lead me to the impression that you demonstrate elegance and a refined taste. Your other straws fill this image I have formed of you. This hat, no slouch, works with my newly expanded casual impression of your week.

Enjoy the casual side of elegant taste sir! Eric -

Eric, thanks very much for the thoughtful note and generous comments.

There is a vestige of a crease that runs through the hat from front to back. These are seen in many Milan weave hats and of course, in the optimo blocking on panamas. The weave is rustic and gives the hat a casual look, though the straw is softer and finer than in the other Leghorn I have - a Supernatural.

We have a great farmer's market a few blocks away on Saturday mornings. I will wear the hat this weekend and test your theory.

cheers,
Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael