Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatsEnough

Banned
gtdean48 and hatophile

The Long Riders is one of my favorite movies. The soundtrack is great, too.

It has one of my favorite quotes in a movie….

The scene is David Carradine's prostitute girlfriend asking him why he never takes her to dances like the other boys do with their girlfriends. His reply…

"Because you are a hoo-er." (as in whore)

Hilarious.

HE, there are a lot of great lines in that movie. I like the scene where one of the Miller boys (Randy Quaid) threatens to shoot the piano player's hands if they don't play "I'm a Good Ole' Rebel"!

Nice pics, Al, I wouldn't mess with you with that fencing foil in your hand!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan: Thanks, my friend.

Mike: Thank you for your kind comment. The shirt is made by Arc'teryx, and is called the Envoy SS (short sleeve). Unfortunately, the shirt has been discontinued, but you can still find them in limited colors and sizes on Ebay. They are great shirts!

Perry: My humble thanks, kind Sir, and I know you really meant to say Epee rather than Foil lol :fencing:

Last edited:

MikePotts

Practically Family
Thank You! - I'll try to find one before they become extinct.... :) - would you say the fit was true, small or large?

Last edited:

bobm

A-List Customer
photo1.jpg

Here's a Panama I bought last year from JJ Hat Center in NYC. Company name is Monterrey. I like it, but doesn't breathe as well as I'd like. Al's Optimo Monti is intriguing me though.;)
Also, doesn't show to well with a white tee shirt, but does look better when I'm wearing a tan, brown or green shirt or jacket.

Bob

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thank You! - I'll try to find one before they become extinct.... :) - would you say the fit was true, small or large?

It was my pleasure! Arc'teryx clothing generally run true to size, or sometimes slightly smaller than indicated. I would say that the Envoy shirts are true to size, but they are athletically cut.

Cheers,

AL

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Alan, very nice. I don't imagine myself looking too good in the optimo style, but you wear it very well indeed.

Nice cool 62 degrees here today. Pecan Tumwater working nicely

smugshot9228756-L.jpg

MikePotts

Practically Family
It was my pleasure! Arc'teryx clothing generally run true to size, or sometimes slightly smaller than indicated. I would say that the Envoy shirts are true to size, but they are athletically cut.

Cheers,

AL

Thanks again, I'm cool with 'athletic' cut as long as we start with a 46"chest!. The largest on EBay right now is a 'Large', I'll place a search for an XL and see what happens - great looking 'modern explorer' style shirt.

MP

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
New to me Montecristi. [...] a few more pictures in the Canal.

Still wearing it at 10:53PM ...?!

I'm picturing you walking about the house in your slippers and robe with a glass of milk. Then, brushing your teeth and getting int to bed with a good book. All the while in high style. I just hope you took it off when you actually put out the light and went to sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael