Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still wearing it at 10:53PM ...?!

I'm picturing you walking about the house in your slippers and robe with a glass of milk. Then, brushing your teeth and getting int to bed with a good book. All the while in high style. I just hope you took it off when you actually put out the light and went to sleep!

Like Burt Reynolds says in Smoky and the Bandit when Sally Field asks if he ever takes off his hat... "for one thing .. and one thing only".

Still wearing it at 10:53PM ...?!

I'm picturing you walking about the house in your slippers and robe with a glass of milk. Then, brushing your teeth and getting int to bed with a good book. All the while in high style. I just hope you took it off when you actually put out the light and went to sleep!

Man, you sure know my routine.

I do sometimes wear the hatbox on top of the hat - but only in bed when I'm afraid I might nod off. Works well, though my wife finds it a little odd.

:crazy:

Actually, everyone in my house was up late last night. I spent some time studying and brushing and steaming this newly arrived and somewhat odd Gay Prince. Got up this morning to take some pictures before the rain started. More on the Dobbs Diner..

gaylight1.jpg

Last edited:

Brando11

A-List Customer
Nice, Alan. You seem to be able to pull off a wide variety of looks very well.

My new Barbisio has a bit more taper than I'm used to, very similar to your Gay Prince. I played with the bash a number of times over the past week, and finally settled on a style similar to yours but minus the pinch. Seems to straighten it out enough that it feels comfortable now.

Thanks Brando... actually, the crown of this 1940's era hat is quite straight. I think the angle of the head shot gives an impression of taper. Have a look at the hat photos in the linked thread for some additional views.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Alan- something about that Imperial really pings with you, I think. nice choice!
David, Perry-- both beautiful JBs as well! nice start to a Friday.

I haven't decided yet-- way too early, but the only two I've kept regularly out of my basement lately are my Falcon Park and that loden western, both staring eagerly at me right now, from the top of the bookshelf.

Your Imperial Stetson is an exceptional hat, Alan. Looks good on you as well.

Stetson for me as well today - Playboy.

Back at you David... the Playboy is a quintessential American fedora and this one is a clear winner.

Hatophile, well chosen!

Bowlerman, good luck with your decision. Myself, I am turning off the morning news and imagining a simpler and more sensible time.

Happy Friday all.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
It seems to me that "you can have my girl but don't touch my hat" would be a better fit in the Depp thread than here ... ;)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Beat up 1960s Resistol "Cornhusker" for the better part of the past two weeks.

DSC_0055.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

Some architecture classmates and I built a bread oven and did a bunch of renovation work at a former summer camp.
DSC_0120.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael