Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
After I got to Buckaroo Hatters in Covington, Mike worked on my green Open Road that I got from Rick Blaine.

Here it was...

greenor3.jpg

the hatter at work

006qup.jpg

012gwt.jpg

Here is the finished fedora.... and I wore it the rest of the afternoon!

015qf.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Heading over to Covington today, so I decided on my bone colored fedora from Buckaroo Hatters.
Man its cold.... 27 degrees!

004gop.jpg

RBH: Of all your hats, I think I like that one best! Is that a grey ribbon? That hat looks like it could go well with any colored clothes.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Is there a MAR? If so I wore mine today. A mid-ribbon Lee Adventure. Nice pics today, folks - Michaelshane, you always have great hats and pictures, Deputy with another nice TAR, Rusty showing off two nice lids - I love the Buckaroo Hatters refurb! And rlk, I'm liking the weird hat with sunglasses pairings. It could be the makings of a thread on its own...

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Today Im wearing my Champ beater fedora. It was snowing like crazy in Chicago today and I figured that the beater would be perfect. I have made some changes to the hat though. I have always liked the fedora style of James Cagney, so I thought I would imitate the style of his hat. I used a very shallow center dent, big front pinches, cut the brim down to 2 inches with a flatter flange, and made the crown as straight and tall as possible. I know that Cagney's crown was about 5 1/2 inches tall when bashed, but this hat only had a 5 inch crown. So I kept it as high as possible. I liked the way it turned out.

DSC04473.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe