Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwalls

Vendor
100_0542.JPG

Today my Cambridge Derby.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Chinaski, DRB, Aureliano, thanks to you guys as well. In response to various questions, here's a little more.

Several Mannions were hatters in the Danbury area during the golden era. Mannion was established in the early 20s with Frank Mannion as president. It seems that Mannion was family owned and operated until the late 40s. By the early 50s the company had been sold and promptly closed.

My hat is unlined. The company crest is finely drawn and stamped in red and blue inside the crown. The felt is fine and smooth and tight. The sweatband is very thin and soft. The brim is 2 1/4 and the ribbon is 13/16.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
I broke out the Whippet to wear to the polls today - receieved several nice comments from the pollworkers and the crowd outside that hands out junk about their candidates. One guy stopped me on the way out to ask where I'd gotten it:

5140061133_75e0ee1e1a.jpg

MarkD

One of the Regulars
Nice derby jwalls. Thanks for the Mannion history, Zetwal. I don't doubt you got some nice comments Salty, it's beautiful!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I broke out the Whippet to wear to the polls today - receieved several nice comments from the pollworkers and the crowd outside that hands out junk about their candidates.

Nice Whippet, Salty. I had the same thing happen when I went to early voting last week. The location (a Lodge) was swarming with people (apparently) old enough to appreciate at a glance what I was wearing (a 30s Dobbs). It was fun to talk about hats with the old timers. Much more enjoyable than politics ... ;)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
JtL-It's been a while since I've seen your Casual. Mine has been lonely in its box for a while.

Rlk - put me down for another great and a fabulous.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Ch-Ch-Changes

Ah, Autumn in Ohio.

Changing seasons,
Changing colors,

DSC_0006-2.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0012-2.jpg

Changing...What!!!

DSC_0048-1.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0056-1.jpg

DSC_0058-1.jpg

DSC_0099-1.jpg

We heard about these while getting hair cuts and had to go check them out. I hope they're still up next weekend when I'll have an opportunity to get some pictures at dusk when the lights are on.

Corto

A-List Customer
We heard about these while getting hair cuts and had to go check them out. I hope they're still up next weekend when I'll have an opportunity to get some pictures at dusk when the lights are on.
Where in OH are those Transformers!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic as always Mario!

Eph - thanks a bunch! :)

For some reason I seem to have skipped all of your latest posts, so much so that I already thought you departed the Lounge. Now that I've gone through some of your more recent contributions - well...let me tell you: that new slender self of yours is lookin' pretty damn good! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe