Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Election Eve -> P. & C. Habig Camber

5141312007_a31d45146e_z.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Out come the straws DownUnder

I picked up this lovely restored vintage panama from Tom at Premierpanamahats in California. As far as Tom knows the body came from a New York hatter (after Ecuador) that went out of business in 1915. Who knows, but it's certainly got some age to it, has a wonderful soft feel and Tom has done a lovely refurb and resize.

RestoredPanama.jpg
VintagePanama.jpg
VintagePanama3.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Mayserwegener: I really like how dark that brown is. A real eye catcher.

Ephraim Tutt: That is one of the nicest straws I have seen in a while. Love the ribbon color and hat proportions. I would wear that.

Beautiful Hat! I love the colors, proportions, everything. If you don't mind me asking what are the dimensions, including ribbon height?

Thanks! :) The brim is ~ 2 1/4 inches (over welt) and the crown is ~ 5 inches creased with some taper. The ribbon is ~ 2 inches and the bow is frayed at the back. P. & C. Habig detail work was super. This one also has their patented Ventilo vent system.

DRB, Thanks! :)

ET fantastic Panama! Rodkins super Adam Marston!

Torpedo

One Too Many
Ephraim, nice straw. I dig that ribbon, too!
Lefty, you are standing tall enough and proud at the side of these mechanical contraptions.
MWegener, you are the German hat ambassador. And not one of them bad.

RobFF, it would seem black Whippets were not much popular (well, black is not generally speaking a popular hat colour, anyway). I may well be wrong, but I think I have not seen another one here at the Lounge. Mine belonged to a reverend, so providing a obvious explanation for the choice of colour:

DSC_0410-1.jpg

DSC_0409-1.jpg

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Still raining today so the BIG hat gets worn :) back to my Bushman ! This hat continues to get "softer" the more weather it is exposed to. NOT floppy, it's just developed a much softer, less stiff hand than when it was new! I probably wear it at least 50% of the time in the winter :)

Bushman1.jpg

Gromulus

Practically Family
Still raining today so the BIG hat gets worn :) back to my Bushman ! This hat continues to get "softer" the more weather it is exposed to. NOT floppy, it's just developed a much softer, less stiff hand than when it was new! I probably wear it at least 50% of the time in the winter :)

Bushman1.jpg

Will you PLEASE stop posting that Bushman hat picture!? Hat envy is a terrible thing!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe