Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. P. took me a second to realize who the "Lt." was. Yes, my little copilot Lt. Buckshot (that's his baseball name) will be there too. He has his favorites of my hats and names them for me. Maybe I should pick up a 6 7/8 fedora for him to wear down?

Absolutely! :eusa_clap

RBH

Bartender
Really fun pic of little Sam, Rusty, but I'm curious when we will get to see the dents you're hiding in the crown of that Campdraft. Probably a teardrop. :p [huh]

I've been wearing this Stylepark derby for the last few days. It bucks the wind really well and I'm just having a blast wearing it! :D :cool:

hpim2754d.jpg

Hey buddy, nice derby!!
That Campdraft has a diamond in it!! Who would have thought it!!!

MarkD

One of the Regulars
Hi guys,

Yes I am a vest addict. They work so well for layering which is a real necessity for me since my work has me in all environments from boiler rooms to outside phone pedestals. And they look great too!

The charcoal vest is a Filson Mackinaw Wool Western Vest. It is very thick and warm so y'all from southern climates may find this too warm, perhaps not though. Made in the US and outstanding quality.

The vest I wore in this picture is a Schaeffer McKenzie:

69014_124002610991358_100001448602440_157833_5082820_n.jpg

Made in the US also but I am sad to say the snaps are terrible quality. After the third or fourth use a snap broke and none of the local tailors can fix snaps. I sent it back for direct replacement because it took me a long time to find a wool vest with a wool back and no collar for wearing under a coat in that color.

I do also like the Wahmaker and Scully offerings. There are many styles to choose from. One of those brands makes "The Duke" which is a copy of what John Wayne wears in many of his movies and is on my list. I have not purchased any Scully or Wahmaker yet so I cannot report on quality.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi guys,

Yes I am a vest addict. They work so well for layering which is a real necessity for me since my work has me in all environments from boiler rooms to outside phone pedestals. And they look great too!

The charcoal vest is a Filson Mackinaw Wool Western Vest. It is very thick and warm so y'all from southern climates may find this too warm, perhaps not though. Made in the US and outstanding quality.

The vest I wore in this picture is a Schaeffer McKenzie:

69014_124002610991358_100001448602440_157833_5082820_n.jpg

Made in the US also but I am sad to say the snaps are terrible quality. After the third or fourth use a snap broke and none of the local tailors can fix snaps. I sent it back for direct replacement because it took me a long time to find a wool vest with a wool back and no collar for wearing under a coat in that color.

I do also like the Wahmaker and Scully offerings. There are many styles to choose from. One of those brands makes "The Duke" which is a copy of what John Wayne wears in many of his movies and is on my list. I have not purchased any Scully or Wahmaker yet so I cannot report on quality.

Vests are cool, like hats and boots. I'll have to get me a few. I am contemplating the purchase of a Western-type hat (actually Professor Marvel hat from the Wizard of Oz; don't laugh, it is cool, it's from his carnival phase in the movie) and need some Western-type duds to go with it. So far the only thing I can think of is a brown corduroy coat. But several vests would go very well. It's a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe