Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Another earth coloured outfit today, topped with a Stetson San Juan.

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
D'guy, that is the best dressed young man. If he doesn't appreciate it now, perhaps in the future he will come to understand the fine quality of such a chapeau.

And Torpedo, you always look good. Try a lighter color hat with that suit and see what you think.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
RobFedoraField said:
I've played around with this hat (Empire State Diploma) and cleaned it up and this is the first time wearing it out and about...

IMAG0315.jpg

Good work, Rob:eusa_clap

I've been working with a similarly proportioned Royal Stetson I nabbed at an antique shop, and with a lot of cleaning and hand work, I've got it to "suggest" an under-sized Whippet.

Sort of like the runt of the Whippet whelps[huh]

Anyway, your's is looking good,

Sam

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Two things that don't seem like they would work well together (Silverbelly Campdraft and a black shirt with red panels) but they do. At least I think they do.

sbcd100910.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
Were that silverbelly whiter, this would remind me of a Jack White outfit. ;)

Randy

Well, red and black is one of the White Stripes' motifs, although that has nothing to do with my shirt; I just like the color combination. Are you sure you posted the right photo, though? His hat is black.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Mr E Train said:
Well, red and black is one of the White Stripes' motifs, although that has nothing to do with my shirt; I just like the color combination. Are you sure you posted the right photo, though? His hat is black.

I was trying to find a white hatted photo, but couldn't. [huh] [I guess even Jack White thinks that a white hat's a bit pimpish :p ] Wanted to post a photo for reference to those who were clueless who White is. I did find a really cool shot of him I posted in the Musicians Hats thread. He's not in his usual garb, making it cooler.

Randy

Mr E Train

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
I was trying to find a white hatted photo, but couldn't. [huh] [I guess even Jack White thinks that a white hat's a bit pimpish :p ] Wanted to post a photo for reference to those who were clueless who White is. I did find a really cool shot of him I posted in the Musicians Hats thread. He's not in his usual garb, making it cooler.

Randy

It's kind of a hipster thing to say, "Oh, I was into them back before they were famous" but the fact is that I started listening to them back when their first album came out. I was pretty shocked that they made it as big as they did because the stuff I like doesn't usually register in the popular culture at all.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Mr E Train said:
It's kind of a hipster thing to say, "Oh, I was into them back before they were famous" but the fact is that I started listening to them back when their first album came out. I was pretty shocked that they made it as big as they did because the stuff I like doesn't usually register in the popular culture at all.

I know what you mean. I was that way with Arcade Fire, but did the typical thing when I about quit listening to them once I heard "Keep the Car Running" in J.C. Penny. :p

Agreed, the Stripes are definitely not the norm for pop culture. I saw Jack in the mall a few years ago. While I didn't speak to him, he actually seemed like a nice guy. [the ONLY reason I didn't approach him was the fact that I was eating in a restaurant as he passed by] I saw him interact with a few people, thus the seemed like a nice guy comment.

Randy

Mr E Train

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
Agreed, the Stripes are definitely not the norm for pop culture. I saw Jack in the mall a few years ago. While I didn't speak to him, he actually seemed like a nice guy. [the ONLY reason I didn't approach him was the fact that I was eating in a restaurant as he passed by] I saw him interact with a few people, thus the seemed like a nice guy comment.

I saw them live just as they were starting to break big (small to medium venue, but packed) back around '00 or '01. While they were setting up before the show started, he came down from the stage and walked through the crowd to go back to the bar to get a beer. He brushed by me as he went past. I just thought it was cool that a headlining act would walk out into the crowd so nonchalantly. Normally, the headlining acts, you never see any trace of them until they're ready to start playing, and they get their lackeys to get everything for them. That speaks well to his character.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
If you haven't already, check out the movie It Might Get Loud.
______

In between estate sales today, we stopped in Kent. The National Guard got some bad press the last time they were in town, so crowd control has been out-sourced.
DSC_0096-1.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Just wearing my Nostalgia.

Nice assortment of hats today, and the day’s not even over yet. :eusa_clap I especially like the great front pinch on Handlebar Bart’s Stetson.

BenwithDog.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
Lefty said:
If you haven't already, check out the movie It Might Get Loud.
______

It's interesting that Jack White was just mentioned a few posts before this. Haven't checked out the film, but I plan to. BUT why did it have to be The Edge?! I CANNOT stand U2... at all.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe