Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
It's interesting that Jack White was just mentioned a few posts before this. Haven't checked out the film, but I plan to. BUT why did it have to be The Edge?! I CANNOT stand U2... at all.

Randy

I'm sure that's why Lefty brought it up. I haven't seen It Might Get Loud (I also can't stand U2, although I don't have anything against The Edge), but I've seen Under Great White Norther Lights, and it's good.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
B.J. Hedberg said:
BenwithDog.jpg

Nice photo! I'll have me one of those soon (the Nostalgia, not the dog--already got two of those). How are you liking it?

theinterchange

One Too Many
Mr E Train said:
I'm sure that's why Lefty brought it up. I haven't seen It Might Get Loud (I also can't stand U2, although I don't have anything against The Edge), but I've seen Under Great White Norther Lights, and it's good.

Come to think of it, that is probably why he brought it up. :eusa_doh: :p

I normally get "you've got a problem" :eek: looks when I voice my dislike of U2. [huh] To me, their old material just sounds horribly dated, and still do on their newer stuff. Some bands age well and have a timeless sound... they do not.

I haven't seen Under Great White Northern Lights, but it too is on my want to see list.

Randy

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
theinterchange said:
Come to think of it, that is probably why he brought it up. :eusa_doh: :p

You're a nice guy, so I was going to let you get there on your own. :D

The Edge is the least talented guy in the bunch, and even proves it to you in the movie, by showing the room full of electronics needed to make his simple chords sound - well, simple, but nice. White owns the movie, right from the opening scene.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Lefty said:
You're a nice guy, so I was going to let you get there on your own. :D

Well, it's easy things to get buried in content heavy threads like this one... :eek: lol

Lefty said:
The Edge is the least talented guy in the bunch, and even proves it to you in the movie, by showing the room full of electronics needed to make his simple chords sound - well, simple, but nice. White owns the movie, right from the opening scene.

That's hilarious! I know I've GOTTA watch it now.

Randy

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Mr E Train said:
Nice photo! I'll have me one of those soon (the Nostalgia, not the dog--already got two of those). How are you liking it?

Thanks sir, I like it very much. Been wearing it every day and haven’t had any issues whatsoever. Wish they made one in a light tawny color though. I’m sure you’ll like yours.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today the Lightning Ridge proved to be a joy to wear and an excellent performer in its duties (shade, protection, and hopefully style). Oddly, this hat doesn't turn nearly as many heads as my fedoras and seems to blend in better in a crowd.

untitled-1.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
Neophyte said:
Oddly, this hat doesn't turn nearly as many heads as my fedoras and seems to blend in better in a crowd.

Interesting observation. I would think that any atypical hat would garner looks from the non hat wearing public, but maybe only certain types. hmmm

Randy

Mr E Train

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
Interesting observation. I would think that any atypical hat would garner looks from the non hat wearing public, but maybe only certain types. hmmm

I don't think it's all that atypical. The majority of guys that I see out and about wearing felt hats (which aren't many) are wearing an outback-style hat or some derivation thereof, with a fedora shape, wide brim and thin leather band. They're much more common than dress fedoras, at least in my neck of the woods.

Neophyte

Mr E Train said:
I don't think it's all that atypical. The majority of guys that I see out and about wearing felt hats (which aren't many) are wearing an outback-style hat or some derivation thereof, with a fedora shape, wide brim and thin leather band. They're much more common than dress fedoras, at least in my neck of the woods.

This is probably true. Most would probably lump my hat into the the western category, and I'm fine with that. I just like the variety lol.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Mr E Train said:

Here in Orlando, I mainly see fashion fedoras, cloth hats of various shapes, and the occasional straw cowboy hat [depending upon which part of town or suburb I'm in]. When I do see a guy in an outback style hat, they get as many looks as I do in my fedoras.

When I'm out of town, I see MANY more hats than I do in "the big city". Especially when I venture up into Tennessee, then outback hats are quite common.

Though, have you noticed how "real" hat wearers all nod at each other in passing? I find that common when I see someone in a hat.

Neophyte said:
This is probably true. Most would probably lump my hat into the the western category, and I'm fine with that. I just like the variety lol.

I don't wear a fedora with my boots, for fear of MORE of the "hey cowboy" comments. haha [though if it's a young single girl....]

Randy

Neophyte

theinterchange said:
Though, have you noticed how "real" hat wearers all nod at each other in passing? I find that common when I see someone in a hat.
I don't wear a fedora with my boots, for fear of MORE of the "hey cowboy" comments. haha [though if it's a young single girl....]

Randy
That's true, I see a lot of westerns, straws and outbacks here in Tennessee. I have also noticed that the several times I've made eye contact with another person at home in their lid, a nod is exchanged.

Oh, and lol to that last statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe