Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

If you get a chance, believe it or not, try Amrut. Aged in India. 3-5 years is like 12 in Scotland. :p That heat there really pushes the scotch in and out of the wood enough to impart plenty of flavor.

Upon your recommendation, I bought a bottle of Amrut Cask Strength today. I will let you know my thoughts later. :cheers1:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Founders Dirty ba***rd.
Not bad, but I was trying to find Backwoods ba***rd, which is supposed to have a bit of smoke flavor, peat, and a stronger flavor than DB.
It's hard to find though, considering it's only released in November.

Isn't that wheat beer? Don't tell Gregg.:p

You must be thinking of something else. The German rhineheitsgebot decrees that real beer shall be made ONLY from water, malt, and hops....no wheat.
There are weisenbiers produced in Germany, and I like them as much as wheat beers from other parts of the world, which is to say....not at all.:p

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Founders Dirty ba***rd.
Not bad, but I was trying to find Backwoods ba***rd, which is supposed to have a bit of smoke flavor, peat, and a stronger flavor than DB.
It's hard to find though, considering it's only released in November.

That guy lives right down the street....

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Too much Becks. :doh: Owwww....

Beck Sapphire is a decent grog to ooze down....

We buy a family owned brew....snowdrift vanilla porter by Leinenkugels. No wheat in that particular type of beer they make, but they make many flavors if you want to call it that...Oktoberfest was great but now they do not have much left in the store. The do have a wheat beer called Sunset Wheat, and then Dark and Creamy....but they also make some that are what we call, "Whimp beer"...you know Blue Berry beer, Summer Shandy, and some other flavored beers that just don't cut the mustard!

Going to buy a new Single Malt this Friday....something aged for 30 years for $70.00...it better be some good stuff....the last deal for Duggans Dew was o.k. but as it was a blended Scotch, it just seemed to be sort of like candy and no bite to it. This single malt, (can't recall the name) but the expert tells me as Daniel likes a Scotch that has some "grit and bite " to it, that this Scotch has so much peat.....peat water, peat filtered...peat fired....I had to ask the guy...so "pete" should have been this scotch's name? LOL! I am sure Mr. Powers already knows the brand name...he has some Scotch Radar going....pointed right towards...Michigan! LOL. I'll have to ask Daniel what the heck the name was of the Scotch that is going to be "on deck"this Friday....

Oh the brand of Scotch is Brora....and from what we were told, the $70.00 is a bargain as they had it ordered ( this happens a lot at the place we buy from) and they got stuck with the bottle...sitting collecting dust in a back glass display where they keep all the good stuff at. If I recall, they are knocking off about half the price.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82