Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I forgot to post this. As some of you know, I have had a battle with a cat over the last month. Thursday afternoon, I went over to the house to get all the junk out of the basement so the cleaners would have an unobstructed cleaning area. I pulled out a lot of cinder blocks, wood shelves, filing cabinet, a cheap armoire, a wash basin, and capped of a hot and cold water lines. About that time, the stench was becoming unbearable, I had to come up for air. I walked out into the ally, my neighbor was out there working. He asked me about the smell, I told him, he then offered me a Mike's Hard Lemonade in a can. I have never tried one, but I sure could use a drink by then. I don't drink much these days, so I got a pretty good buzz. It made the final work pretty easy!

I forgot to post this. As some of you know, I have had a battle with a cat over the last month. Thursday afternoon, I went over to the house to get all the junk out of the basement so the cleaners would have an unobstructed cleaning area. I pulled out a lot of cinder blocks, wood shelves, filing cabinet, a cheap armoire, a wash basin, and capped of a hot and cold water lines. About that time, the stench was becoming unbearable, I had to come up for air. I walked out into the ally, my neighbor was out there working. He asked me about the smell, I told him, he then offered me a Mike's Hard Lemonade in a can. I have never tried one, but I sure could use a drink by then. I don't drink much these days, so I got a pretty good buzz. It made the final work pretty easy!

Mikes Hard?! :eeek:
You really must not drink that often..... :p

Sounds like you found a use for drink like the rest of us have. :p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Mikes Hard?! :eeek:
You really must not drink that often..... :p

It took me over 30 years to realize, the Buzz is the best part of drinking! After that, It's all down hill, culminating in the most dreaded words in the English language, "here, hold my beer!" :beer:

McClelland's Highland over at the in-laws tonight.

A good budget brand. Since McClelland's is owned by Morrison Bowmore, we can be fairly sure that the highland is made by their Highland brand---Glen Garioch. A decent scotch in its own right, however, McClelland's doesn't divulge the age of its products so don't expect a Glen Garioch Founder's Reserve 12 year old. :p I understand from a good source that they are bottling it at about 8 years old. It really isn't bad for 8 years old.

A good budget brand. Since McClelland's is owned by Morrison Bowmore, we can be fairly sure that the highland is made by their Highland brand---Glen Garioch. A decent scotch in its own right, however, McClelland's doesn't divulge the age of its products so don't expect a Glen Garioch Founder's Reserve 12 year old. :p I understand from a good source that they are bottling it at about 8 years old. It really isn't bad for 8 years old.
Its not bad. I would have guessed younger than 8, at 3-5 years. Very spirity, but decent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82