Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

I ordered the Toro size by the way.
Last night was another Supervisor Selection. Same burn problem, same wrapper spilt thing. Still great taste including some more noticeable nougat flavors with a sweet dark chocolate tase as well. The more I smoke these the better I like them. I'll take the minimal qualily problems that I can ignore. :p

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
James,
I think the wrapper split issue may not be a quality issue per se.
IMHO it's an RH issue. What RH do you store your cigars? What is the RH outside in your aera the last few days?
What tends to happen is that the cigars are stored at a higher RH, let's say your humi is at 70%. You step out to the patio to smoke, RH outside is 52%. The atmosphere leeches humidity from your cigar, but only from the wrapper, causing it to shrink, while the inner volume of the cigar is still plump.....Splitsville occurs....
You may want to try dry boxing your evenings' planned cigar in the morning before you leave for work.

rmrdaddy said:
James,
I think the wrapper split issue may not be a quality issue per se.
IMHO it's an RH issue. What RH do you store your cigars? What is the RH outside in your aera the last few days?
What tends to happen is that the cigars are stored at a higher RH, let's say your humi is at 70%. You step out to the patio to smoke, RH outside is 52%. The atmosphere leeches humidity from your cigar, but only from the wrapper, causing it to shrink, while the inner volume of the cigar is still plump.....Splitsville occurs....
You may want to try dry boxing your evenings' planned cigar in the morning before you leave for work.

You have a point about not being a quality issue but then again, it has been dry boxed for two days already. I figured that one after I tried the first cigar. :D ;)
Perhaps they came overhumidified. They are individually wrapped so just setting them out might not work as I have done. Unwrapped and dryboxed mgiht do the trick. They came double wrapped as it were. Once wrapped individually and plastic wrapped together as a bundle. I could see it being over humidified. The split didn't really mess up my smoking experience though. :D I did notice the plumping effect though so it made sense to me. ;)
I'll have to try another one tonight to check if they have dried out enough.;) :p

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Ahhh
Good man, I think you nailed it, overhumidified from the vendor.
Can't blame them really. Handling and transportation take their toll. Frigid cargo holds in planes, and baking heat in UPS trucks and the like. Ship 'em with a high RH and alleviate some of the risk of damage in transit.
Smoke on sir!

deelovely

Practically Family
IC and I had the Felipe Gregorio Icon that he ordered from CI... we were not impressed. :( I thought it tasted bitter, IC describes it as having a tinny, metallic taste.

Eduard

Familiar Face
Lusitania.jpg

Sometimes I'm just in the mood for something BIG :D
The Partagas Lusitania is definately one of the finest cigars on the planet! Started off gently and then the flavours grew to full bodied at the halfway point. The finish was great and not bitter or harsh. Excellent construction with a perfect draw throughout. A beautiful cigar to look at and to enjoy. 2 hours of cigar smoking heaven, cheers :cool:

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Visited a friend tonight for a birthday party, 2 smokes :)...

Por Larranaga Petite Corona
Ramon Allones Specially Selected
Both from 2006

Eduard

Familiar Face
rmrdaddy said:
Thank you for the compliment Eduard!

From YOU that is high praise! I have been coveting the cigars you have been posting!!:D

Well, you should smoke what you like... It's just not fair that some of you aficionados can't buy Cuban cigars... Because of a 1962 embargo for Russian threat... Go figure...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe