Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sancho Panza Belicoso IMG_20140518_055823618.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Hi, Cindy, and hats off to you! This store in Harvard Square has some exclusive blends with amazingly captivating "room note."

www.leavitt-peirce.com

My all-time favorite, NEVER disliked by those around me (unless it's a person who is simply against ANY smoking) is their "Black and Gold" blend. It's an aromatic with a vanilla casing that in my many years of smoking always seems to appeal to the fairer gender. I needed all the help I could get!

Hello! The tobacco you sent did arrive, and wow, very nice indeed! Daniel said it was a ton better than the Plumcake, and yes it does have a much better aroma as well.

If we cannot purchase from contacting Leavitt & Peirce via email, we may have to send you some pay pal for a purchase. I am thinking it would not take a large amount of it as it is not something that would be used daily as it is. But geez, thanks so much, what a wonderfully kind thing for you to do.

Thanks!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Nothing wrong with Missouri Meerschaum pipe smoking. :D
Those are on a big sale right now....just had the mail man bring me a catalog from Cigars International and also one from Pipes and Cigars. Wow, they have so much on sale, you'd spend a month reading it all. Nice pipes, and for not too much, they have 4 nice Missouri Meerschaum pipes, 4 packs of tobacco (their blends from same pipe company) for less than $40.00 hard to beat that deal!

One thing to always remember....Granny Clampett smoked a corn cob and she was "the bomb" during her day!When I am caught up on paying for all the things I have ongoing, I am buying some of those for here. I may even give one a spin!

LOL!

Those are on a big sale right now....just had the mail man bring me a catalog from Cigars International and also one from Pipes and Cigars. Wow, they have so much on sale, you'd spend a month reading it all. Nice pipes, and for not too much, they have 4 nice Missouri Meerschaum pipes, 4 packs of tobacco (their blends from same pipe company) for less than $40.00 hard to beat that deal!

One thing to always remember....Granny Clampett smoked a corn cob and she was "the bomb" during her day!When I am caught up on paying for all the things I have ongoing, I am buying some of those for here. I may even give one a spin!

LOL!

But Jed got her hooked on cigarettes. :p

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
"Sons of Anarchy" cigars...just what you would want...motorcycle oil flavored with a dash of leather vest and unpaid parking tickets! LOL! Just a hundred bucks for 20 of them. Five more bucks and they toss in a real made in Taiwan pewter ashtray. Reminds me of some shoes listed on eBay last year..."genuine imitation vinyl leather", guaranteed"....the shoes were black and blue....just like what your feet would look like after wearing them a few hours....lol!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
That had one of those George JeTsens looking aluminum pipes with the flares ringed around it and three inserts of corn cobs for sale on eBay last week. Bidding was a mere $59.00 or so...and it was all original and never used and in a case it was from the factory,...I should have leaped on it. Brand new (vintage) never used....some day those things may be worth a lot. But had I purchased it, it would have been used for what it is designed for, smoking.......

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

That right there looks like a serious "stogey". I can about bet you had to use the guillotine to whack one end off, then take a ice pick to stab a hole to smoke out of it, too.

Some of those nice cigars, have a nice aroma to them. I have liked a darker cigar smell over a lighter green looking cigar. Green cigars make you Green....but a darker cigar is more mellow and aromatic....(to me). I have yet to taste a cigar. Maybe someday I just might.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That right there looks like a serious "stogey". I can about bet you had to use the guillotine to whack one end off, then take a ice pick to stab a hole to smoke out of it, too.

Some of those nice cigars, have a nice aroma to them. I have liked a darker cigar smell over a lighter green looking cigar. Green cigars make you Green....but a darker cigar is more mellow and aromatic....(to me). I have yet to taste a cigar. Maybe someday I just might.
A pair of scissors will suffice. The tool next to it is for pulling out the stem that would seriously affect the draw and the taste. I do like my cigar dark with thicker wrappers. Today was Dunhiill Nightcap in a Comoy's.

That green wrapper is called "candela", and they used to be really popular before almost completely falling out of fashion, with machine made cigars being about the only ones you could find. But they're making a comeback these days, and many manufacturers are producing them in the higher end smokes. I've never cared for them, but I suppose they have their aficianados.

On a side note, I smoked a Four Kicks corona last night. I've become of fan.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
That green wrapper is called "candela", and they used to be really popular before almost completely falling out of fashion, with machine made cigars being about the only ones you could find. But they're making a comeback these days, and many manufacturers are producing them in the higher end smokes. I've never cared for them, but I suppose they have their aficianados.

On a side note, I smoked a Four Kicks corona last night. I've become of fan.

It seems that a cigar that is a green color, is sort of a bitter smell. Perhaps similar to someone burning some old nylon floor tile from an abandoned elementary school house...or worse! But a darker cigar has a more mellow aroma! Aside from the smell, I have no real clue what is ongoing with decent cigars I would buy for my Husband. He knows a bit more than I do.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Oliva Serie V Double Toro. Did not like that experience, like eating well done steak, leathery, no sweetness, heavy. Not my thing.

I can sense in some ways what you mean in your review...and for steaks....medium rare really is about the best.....not dripping with blood, but not so done that you can no longer "savor" the "flavor"....and lets face it....steak well done is already brittle and harder to cut!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe