Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Chad-Killer shoes.

Johanna-You are a vision.Truly lovely!

Volatile-Suit looks great.Adore the lopsided grin.;)

My apologies for the blurry pic.Love this skirt.They somehow managed to make a bright yellow,black,and white tweed plaid pencil skirt.I kept everything else subdued.Tousled pixie cut and vivid coral red lips.

47b7cc33b3127cceb184c5ca0afa00000025109AbOXLFk0bS

Baron Kurtz said:
but what about the foulard/satin/brocade issue? Prioritize! ;)

bk

I'll see if I can add my two cents...

Brocade is a heavy figured silk pattern in an all over design -- kind of like what you see on formal scarves.

Satin refers to a tightly woven shiny fabric, and is characterized by a weave that crams as many of the warp ends as possible in so that they float on the face of the fabric, creating a highly glossy facing and a really dull back.

A foulard generally refers to a basic silk handkerchief; generally, for our terms it refers to the heavy twill texture on said hanks (and ties, too) that is used to create multicolored patterns, and usually appears in a teardrop design (think of a rather spartan paisley), and sometimes other motifs.

I don't think the tie is necessarily a foulard -- it just looks like a heavy twill weave, just in a silk. I guess you'd call it a foulard, to be very technical, although the term typically refers, nowadays, to the teardrop design.

In other news:

Johanna -- absolutely stunning. I love the hair, and the jacket is fantastic!

Jerekson -- awesome, as usual.

volatile -- I like the overall effect. My only suggestion is maybe a tie with a bit more contrast to pop a bit more, although I love the softness of what you have going.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
rubyredlocks said:

Rubyredlocks you are really, really making me want to cut my hair again--yours looks so adorable. Love the outfit too.

Volitile--your whole look is great but especially love the hat on the back of your head and the vest.

Johanna--gorgeous as usual. How did you find a sweater that matches the blush on your cheeks?

Marty M.

Vendor
A true Gentleman is always a little Disheveled.

volatile said:
Bad shirt, tie hanging out, two empty wine glasses, and a lopsided grin:

2105999373_833ae4a723.jpg

Mr. Volatile, You're one of the very few guys that I've seen that can take tatoos, pierceings, earings, great clothes and a little bit of disheveledness, mix it all together and create a very "urban hip" and confident look.
I like that you have your own style. Sort of like a modern day Steve McQueen of the bad boys. Bravo.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Johanna said:
I already posted this in ladies of the lounge but I thought I'd post it here as well. What I'm wearing today:
2106446746_5e2494cd13_o.jpg

Ok, after seeing Johanna, I'm all done talking about Foulard and Brocade neckwear. I love the fact that you're wearing a vintage inspired look, yet it doesn't over take you. There is a very artistic quality to your style. I hope that you continue to post.
Marty Mathis

Johanna

One of the Regulars
Marty M. said:
Ok, after seeing Johanna, I'm all done talking about Foulard and Brocade neckwear. I love the fact that you're wearing a vintage inspired look, yet it doesn't over take you. There is a very artistic quality to your style. I hope that you continue to post.
Marty Mathis

Thank you! That's a wonderful compliment :) Thanks everyone else too!

volatile

A-List Customer
CharlestonBows said:
volatile -- I like the overall effect. My only suggestion is maybe a tie with a bit more contrast to pop a bit more, although I love the softness of what you have going.

Thanks! You're right, of course, though in my defence, M'lud, I was wearing white and tan spectators so the tie was complementing the shoe caps.

Marty M. said:
Mr. Volatile, You're one of the very few guys that I've seen that can take tatoos, pierceings, earings, great clothes and a little bit of disheveledness, mix it all together and create a very "urban hip" and confident look.
I like that you have your own style. Sort of like a modern day Steve McQueen of the bad boys. Bravo.

Such heady praise. Thank you so much, that means a lot! I still need a bit of work, but being on here and seeing how you all manage to look so great is really pulling me in the right direction...

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Great look Volatile... I like the slightly askew grin, empty wine glasses and tweed suit. It reminds me of the ever-charming Peter O'Toole or Michael Caine.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Not vintage, but a favorite nonetheless. A black kimono blouse with a black obi belt, worn with a pair of wide-legged black trousers. Vintage leather box purse, no jewelry (no time this morning) except for my wedding ring and a black pair of boots. Tortoise shell cat's eye glasses.

Marty M.

Vendor
And the Avatar award goes to.....

gluegungeisha said:
Today I felt like dressing like a 60's spy girl. I love this sweater shirt!

Oof, I need a haircut.

2106455427_89600d53cb.jpg

Ms. gluegungeisha, I'm a huge fan of your Avatar. It's the best Avatar on the Lounge :eusa_clap .
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Large links?

Baron Kurtz said:
Nice look Marty. Gents from other threads: note the tie/hankie.

Those cfflinks are pretty large, no? :eek:

bk

Thanks BK, PM and Scotrace. Yep, them r sum bigum links. My wife calls them my "Wonder Women" links because I can use them as a shield. I bought them on that 'bay site. My guess is that they're from the late '60's. I'll try to take a close up of them (ya know, I'm not the best with a camera).
Marty Mathis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken