Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Jerekson

One Too Many
I have those exact same shoes. You can probably find them in one of my earlier posts. I love mine.

They look great on you!

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Chad Sanborn said:
xmas1.jpg

Great look! What is the make of the shoes, by the way?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Stetson 7x
Blue '40s Double Breasted Jacket
1931 dated black wool pants
vintage silk suspenders
'30s tie
'30s dog tie clip
IMG_3915.jpg
IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a '30s brocade tie fascination.

...the later '40s and '50s prints seem cheap and garish by comparison.

Great look, Dinerman!

Dunno about the brocade-ness of that particular tie (In fact i firmly deny it; seems to be a printed foulard), but yeah the 1930s brocades are great. I've been fucossing on them recently. Got myself a fish one, a peakcock one, and a fern one. Great!

But i find they tie horrid knots that constantly need readjustment whatever knot you tie - FIH, Pratt, Windsor, etc. Anyone else find this?

bk

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Haven't had the knot problem. If you look closely at the image that he posted of the pattern, it's got vertical striations running through it, and the edges of the red & yellow design have 'stairstepped' edges...telltale of brocades.

Of course, Dinerman knows better than either of us.

C'mon Dinerman, sort this out before there's a fight! ;)

I actually find the knot problem with most of my heavy silk ties. Foulards, light jacquards and wool ties hold the knot well, but those heavy, "slippery-feel" silks just won't keep a knot for more than a couple of hours. Maybe it's my tying technique . . .

bk

The Wingnut

One Too Many
My mistake...I assumed the ribbed weave was brocade. I guess I've got a number of foulard ties as well as brocades, then!

...now I'm going to need to sort through my tie rack and find out what's printed, and what's woven!

Marty M.

Vendor
Foulard?

I've never seen a Foulard weave with a prominent rib before. I was just checking out our foulard pocket squares, none have a prominent rib. They all seem to be woven evenly and flat.
Marty Mathis

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Patrick Murtha said:
Great look! What is the make of the shoes, by the way?
Thank you all for the compliments on the shoes. The tag says "Stanley Blacker...Made in Italy". Honestly though, I got them cheap online. I think I paid like $35 bucks for them. I wasn't sure if I liked the ensemble as I was putting it on. But as I saw it all together in the mirror, I changed my mind. The shirt is cotton. The sweater is wool, and the pants are linen/cotton blend. (I think)

Chad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken