Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

volatile

A-List Customer
Marty M. said:
A very casual Friday for me. Tan cable cashmere sweater. Tan Donegal wool trousers. Blue chambray button down shirt. Suede belt and Chukka style boots by Allen Edmonds. Tape measure and pin cushion by ...oh never mind. Thanks.
Marty Mathis

Just wonderful.

You're a bit of an inspiration, Marty!

StanleyVanBuren

Orgetorix said:
Or maybe it's just a red sweater day.

DSC00574.jpg

YOW!! Nice lapels!!

lyburnum

Practically Family
img8033xd8.jpg
img8065ho6.jpg
img8066vr3.jpg

Not the greatest of photos as I was in a rush to get out the door and catch my bus, but you get the idea!

Todays outfit for the V&A's Golden Age of Couture evening - I'll use any excuse to wear a pretty dress! The dress I found in a charity shop a few years back. It's genuine vintage but only £20 because the zip was broken. The coat is todays bargain buy from my local antiques market at £25, I can't believe it fitted me. The gloves are vintage too and I got those with the coat. Infact, the only thing that isn't vintage is me and my shoes [huh]

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
lyburnum said:

That is one amazing dress! I love the color combination, the use of the stripe as a design element, the little jacket. And what a deal too! You look fabulous--please be sure to tell us all about the evening too.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
lyburnum said:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1724/img8033xd8.jpg http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/...g212.imageshack.us/img212/3038/img8066vr3.jpg

Not the greatest of photos as I was in a rush to get out the door and catch my bus, but you get the idea!

Todays outfit for the V&A's Golden Age of Couture evening - I'll use any excuse to wear a pretty dress! The dress I found in a charity shop a few years back. It's genuine vintage but only £20 because the zip was broken. The coat is todays bargain buy from my local antiques market at £25, I can't believe it fitted me. The gloves are vintage too and I got those with the coat. Infact, the only thing that isn't vintage is me and my shoes [huh]

Fantastic, lyburnum! Elegant and sleek.

Hal

Practically Family
Patrick Murtha said:
Dressed business casual today, but in a trad style. My workplace is business casual (alas), which I buck by wearing ties usually three days a week; I always wear a suit or a sportjacket. Today was one of the tieless days:

Black Jos. Bank cuffed corduroys
Red mini-check Brooks Bros. button-down, with crisp white tee underneath
Vintage Brooks Bros. tan camelhair jacket
Black woven leather belt
Christmas pocket square (red with green holly leaves), puff fold
Vermeil American flag lapel pin
Black OTC socks
Burgundy and black Florsheim dress saddles (akin to AE Sheltons)
Swiss army watch with black leather band
Black double-breasted Nautica topcoat
Black leather gloves
Red patterned scarf
Fawn fedora with black band

I have to say that I have never liked - and shall never like - open-necked shirts with sports jackets, blazers and suits - to me the look is unfinished. The rest of the ensemble, however, is splendid!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
From last night...

oxxforddj07dec14dv6.jpg

p1060381ay5.jpg

2007dec14messiahrn1.jpg

(My wife would complain at the posting of this picture, but she had just finished singing Messiah so not at her freshest. That's her required concert dress she would also want pointed out as she hates it.)

I need a black homburg.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the comments, folks.

Metropd and SVB, the suit is Polo Ralph Lauren. Early '90s vintage, bought from another Lounger. Every RL DB suit I've seen has had identical lapels, and the few Polo SBPL jackets I've seen were very similar as well.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Hal said:
I have to say that I have never liked - and shall never like - open-necked shirts with sports jackets, blazers and suits - to me the look is unfinished. The rest of the ensemble, however, is splendid!

I'd hear from my very business casual CEO if I wore a tie every day; he wants me to be "approachable." So the current regime is a compromise. I do go full throttle at least one or two days a week (double-breasted suits, white-collar-and-cuff French-cuff shirts, that sort of thing). I always wear a pocket square, too.

I'm getting a little more used to the open-neck look and console myself that it can have a certain jauntiness. I look to some of William Holden's oufits in Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing as an inspiration; he's jacketed but tieless in certain scenes. (I recommend the movie strongly for Holden's sartorial panache throughout. It's one of those "I want to look like that!" movies.)

Thank you so much for your compliment!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
'30s Lee Waterbloc
'50s Swedish pea coat
Green mountain hardwear shirt
'30s VanHeusen Tie
Niagara falls tie clip
Black high rise pants
black leather captoes
IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Pretty "preppy Western" this Saturday:

Wrangler straight-leg heavy denim blue jeans
White Jos. Bank button-down
Dan Post black lizard pointy-toe cowboy boots
Black jeans belt
Black 10X beaver cowboy hat
Black leather car coat
Black leather gloves

Maybe I have a hankering to be in Dallas today; I'm certainly dressed for it. Love that city.

metropd

One Too Many
Orgetorix said:
Thanks for the comments, folks.

Metropd and SVB, the suit is Polo Ralph Lauren. Early '90s vintage, bought from another Lounger. Every RL DB suit I've seen has had identical lapels, and the few Polo SBPL jackets I've seen were very similar as well.

I always loved RL DB lapels, if I get a suit made they will have that exact style lapels. Very original, you look geat by the way.

Chas

One Too Many
It's Saturday, I get to go antiquin'....

My favorite winter shirt- 1940's thermal woolen mills. The pants are 30's.
PICT0006.jpg

My 30s Aviator-style jacket, and my new Penney's Marathon.

PICT0009.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken