Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Cool. I ask because I found VERY quickly that I've run out of room to put these dang hats and I own a whole house!!! I was just wondering how you were doing it in a dorm.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cool. I ask because I found VERY quickly that I've run out of room to put these dang hats and I own a whole house!!! I was just wondering how you were doing it in a dorm.

lol I know. I suppose that, when I get enough hats, I will use my home (about 1.5 hours away) as an "armory" of sorts. Whenever I'm bored of my current rotation, I'll travel home and switch them out.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here is another of Randy Rieman. This time the watercolor is done by me several years ago, I'm guessing about 10 or more.
100_6976.jpg

Always like the hat he was wearing there. It was a shot originally taken at the National Poetry Gathering in Elko, NV. He was conducting a class on twisting your own lariat.

Cheers!

Dan

warbird

One Too Many
Here is another of Randy Rieman. This time the watercolor is done by me several years ago, I'm guessing about 10 or more.
100_6976.jpg

Always like the hat he was wearing there. It was a shot originally taken at the National Poetry Gathering in Elko, NV. He was conducting a class on twisting your own lariat.

Cheers!

Dan

I really like that hat. Is that a slight pencil curl all the way around the brim?

majormoore

Vendor
Dan

I really like your work, would like to see about buying some or have some done, to hang up in the art gallery I have inside Buckaroo Hatters, you have a great talent and you need to let others see it up close.

Major Moore

100_6976.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

johnnycanuck

Here is a Canadian western. In fact if you look at the photo's posted so far this seems to be a very popular style.
a92acef7.jpg

Johnny

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
The mounties still wear something like that, don't they? I remember seeing those all the time when I was a kid visiting relatives in Canada.

Neophyte-- really nice work on that new crease. I dig. How'd it hold up in the snow?

Neophyte

It held up just fine, but I wish I had more crown and brim to work with. I'd like something similar to Fatdutchman's Resistol:

Fatdutchman said:

To me, my hat feels like a mini-western. lol

Last edited:

danofarlington

That peak looks cool, Johnny.

It is good to see regional differences perpetuated. That way we don't all gravitate toward the same single hat, which seemed to be the case in the 1950s. That was an optical illusion to me as a child watching 50s movies, but hats of that era to me are just a blur. Let's have some more variety of styles.

johnnycanuck

Yes the Royal Canadian Mounted Police still wear them with the red serge dress uniform. I got this one to go with my Scout uniform years ago.

Here is another different style I am wearing today

781e5be0.jpg

Johnny

Last edited:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Dan

I really like your work, would like to see about buying some or have some done, to hang up in the art gallery I have inside Buckaroo Hatters, you have a great talent and you need to let others see it up close.

Major Moore

Thank you for the kind words Major. Unfortunately, I don't have much of my work other than what I posted there. That one is the only piece I have left. I like the idea of your offer though and I will keep it in serious consideration. Right now, all of my art supplies are buried in storage. I think once we get ourselves moved up to Oregon I'll break out my supplies and we'll talk turkey. Sound good to you?:)
Just so you know, I've had bad luck in the past doing art work for others, so painting for others had left a sour taste in my mouth, but it has been a long time now, so maybe it is time to try again. I'm so rusty though I'm going to need a boat load of practice.lol
Thanks again for your kind words and offer.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe