Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Friends

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
SCADS OF VINTAGE FRIENDS

l_acf468715e33f5dc1fb26437388c4925.jpg

l_aed56ec824ad7c81b9caa44554a1a949.jpg

l_11585e57568c7a9ff1708dad68b23eb1.jpg
index.cfm

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Wolf said:
Sadly, no.
I don't see much of anyone since I've been raising my sons but my few friends aren't too retro with their style.

Sincerely,
The Wolf
Well, you're only an hour away from us, so you'd better come next time I invite you to something!

Solid Citizen said:
Hey, why do you guys
have all those COOL
vintage events????? [huh]

Solid Citizen :(
Well, part of it is longevity - these Art Deco Society of CA events have been going on 25 years. But a lot of us belong to multiple clubs that do this sort of thing - the Regency Society, PEERS (Period Era Events Recreation Society), Ren Fair, Dickens Fair, etc., all these overlap - and then some of us who just can't get enough start our own groups as well, like Angels On Toast, Mr. Rick's Martini Club, etc.
I guess it is just that we have a critical mass of people who like to dress up! I know there are folks out your way who have no events to go to, so someone needs to START having them.

Slim Portly said:
Sadly, no. I was into the Ren Faire scene for many years but changes in relationships and geography have left me a lonely sail on an empty sea. I do hope to make it to a Lounge party in the L.A. area as soon as I can, though.
Slim Portly, don't forget the Queen Mary Art Deco Festival, Labor Day Weekend, lot's of us Loungers will be there!

alexandra said:
Oh thanks! Posting a picture of Jimmy Stewart, my one true love, even though he's dead! Way to rub it in!

*sob sob*
I know, isn't JS the bees knees? I once dated a guy for 6 months just because he looked, talked and dressed like him!

Mojito said:
Quite a few of my workmates are into vintage, although not the same era - they form the nucleus of the Sydney "Frock Club". Must be somthing to do with the fact we're all in the museum and arts community. We hold a small event every month or so. Both vintage and vintage inspired are encouraged.
That is how it starts...

Miss 1940's said:
Scads of Vintage Friends

Of which I am honored to be one! And we now have a lot of overlapping friends too!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
l_2cf1e6efafe533152d8a4c7dc1c2a355.jpg

I am lucky to be surrounded by the greatest vintage loving group of gals...the Arizona Chippies.

I guess I would have to say all of my friends are into vintage or Rockabilly. Outside of that, I wouldn't have much in common with them. I am also blessed to be half of a retro couple.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
desi_de_lu_lu said:

I am lucky to be surrounded by the greatest vintage loving group of gals...the Arizona Chippies.

I guess I would have to say all of my friends are into vintage or Rockabilly. Outside of that, I wouldn't have much in common with them. I am also blessed to half of a retro couple.

What a great photo! I love the blonde with the red shirt, she looks like a living doll!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Darhling said:
What a great photo! I love the blonde with the red shirt, she looks like a living doll!

Thanks Darhling..she would get a kick to hear that she looks like a living doll... even if it is "Bride of Chucky"

Just kidding, that is my pal Dixie. She is a real doll.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
desi_de_lu_lu said:
Thanks Darhling..she would get a kick to hear that she looks like a living doll... even if it is "Bride of Chucky"

Just kidding, that is my pal Dixie. She is a real doll.

aww no, she is just beautiful! Well all of you Chippies are gorgeous!

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
desi_de_lu_lu said:

I guess I would have to say all of my friends are into vintage or Rockabilly. Outside of that, I wouldn't have much in common with them. I am also blessed to be half of a retro couple.
Oh desi simply cannot wait till syd I and jenn can meet up with you swell ladies of Leisure!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Darhling said:
aww no, she is just beautiful! Well all of you Chippies are gorgeous!

She is a handful, I have seen this first hand... while in Las Vegas...
But she is beautiful. She has the biggest cat like eyes.

And thank you!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
I'm going to change my name to Dixie. Maybe people will want to be my friends then lol

Dolly, your name is perfect. Pink and I shall make you an honorary Chippie from accross the way....or pond, or whatever. ;)

And we would love to be your friend!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Miss 1940's said:
Oh desi simply cannot wait till syd I and jenn can meet up with you swell ladies of Leisure!

Me either. Imagine when we combine all of our powers under one roof!

You, Syd and the rest of us Chippies...Lookout! lol

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd say 50/50.

Two best girlfriends (ca. highschool) are not into vintage.
Couple friends retained from undergrad are not into vintage.
No law school friends are into vintage.

All friends from music/burlesque scene are into vintage, bien sur. Socially I see this crowd a lot more. I feel very lucky to live in a place like NYC, but really luck had little to do with it.

zaika

One Too Many
nope. but my friends are nice enough to endure my eccentricities. outside of them, i find it hard to meet new people in real life, much less GOOD LOOKING vintage people. i have too many social phobias to feel comfortable right away in a new group, and i'm too fat for the time being to be comfortable enough to go out and meet people swing dancing (although that would be one heck of a workout! lol). luckily i'm working on changing all that. :D

until then, i envy from afar and amass vintage stuff on my own. ;)

miss 1929...i keep threatening to move to CA for the vintage scene!!...but i'd really love to come down for an event someday...even if it's to see everyone dressed to the nines! your photo of the men in their tails and tophats made my heart ache!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Miss 1940's said:

Ashley dear, we are trying to plan a Chippie event down in Tucson later this Fall (at the Little Anthony's car show). And there will be a CHippie party at my place that same night...check the Chippie board for details!

XOXO Desi

alexandra

Practically Family
zaika said:
i'm too fat for the time being to be comfortable enough to go out and meet people swing dancing (although that would be one heck of a workout! lol).

Oh I hear that, girl. I keep thinking "Nah it'll be fine. I know how to dance, that's all that will matter" but then I try and picture it from an outside view:

Me sweating and jiggling all over.

lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe