Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Friends

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss 1929 said:
Yes, literally dozens of them! And I know about a hundred or so more, that are not close friends. We have a huge community of vintage people out here in the Bay Area. All kinds, from Renaissance to Rockabilly.

Here's some of us...

l_d9d9591df1c06bdaa4213e8138edecae.jpg

l_0394039ef5d3a1a0f64373ffc02bcc5c.jpg

l_b3e5a637cc95b93bd806e7bcf7680b9f.jpg

l_8213c3a8600d3bb9cf06cd8144532bce.jpg

l_004c5eb112dd83a53a5b35de1e7b3377.jpg

So come visit me! I'll introduce you!
Ah yes, California is THE place for vintage living! I once considered moving there just because I knew I'd always have something cool to do!

Snookie

Practically Family
I've got 2 sets of "vintage" friends, my dancing friends and my FL friends. I see the dancers more often, but here's the funny thing: most dancers anymore that are into vintage are guys! At least here in LA. And that's the main reason I'm on the lounge, so I can get my girlie vintage fix. :D

I've got a couple girlfriends who are into vintage, sewing, and dancing, my 3 favorite pastimes, but they live too far away. :cry:

I'm blessed though, that my husband is my No.1 vintage friend.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I'm pretty tight with my grandmother, she was my age in 1941. Does that count?

If not, no, I'm a voice in the wilderness. I'm not really vintage either, though, more like "classic." I never have the luck to find vintage stuff I can afford, or the dough to buy the vintage stuff I can find. At least as far as clothes go. Cars, parts, and housewares are another story.

-Dave

Rachael

A-List Customer
I too have several groups of 'vintage friends'. There's the Civil War Reenactors, the Regency Society, and the other odder groups that are more free-form in the accuracy department. I used to belong to a Ladies' Tea society but it got a little bit too close to a Jr Auxiliary for the Red Hat Society so I've let that one lapse.

Some people overlap into more than one of these groups, and those are my fast friends. No Golden Era specific groups, although most of us wear this era day to day since it seems rather modern considering the other wardrobes we have hanging in the closet.

DecoDahlia

Familiar Face
I guess that I can count myself among the lucky ones, as almost all of my friends are into the vintage lifestyle, even my friends from college/university are interested in history, so they don't think my interests unusual, even if they don't wear vintage clothes. I also have friends outside of Los Angeles/California who are vintage people. I suppose that location partly determines whether or not, if, you can find people who are into vintage, while, as Miss 1929 said, there are tons of us in California, both Northern California and Southern California.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Sadly, no. I was into the Ren Faire scene for many years but changes in relationships and geography have left me a lonely sail on an empty sea. I do hope to make it to a Lounge party in the L.A. area as soon as I can, though.

Mojito

One Too Many
I dragged my best mate into it - now she has a few 1920s vintage dresses, has decided she needs a 1930s bias cut satin dress for our upcoming Singapore trip, and we're back to the Napier Art Deco festival next year.

My very talented mother not only has an interest in everything I buy, she's talented with repairs to vintage clothing.

Quite a few of my workmates are into vintage, although not the same era - they form the nucleus of the Sydney "Frock Club". Must be somthing to do with the fact we're all in the museum and arts community. We hold a small event every month or so. Both vintage and vintage inspired are encouraged.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I have a few friends who are into more rockabilly styled retro, but they aren't close close friends. I am looking forward to meeting the London ladies though as I think we'd get on like a house on fire!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe