Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Maverick

thebruin

New in Town
Greetings!

I am interested in getting a Vanson Maverick trucker jacket

The problem is, I am torn between size 40 and 42. Does anyone happen to have a recently purchased Vanson Maverick (Not sure if they change their pattern) and could kindly provide the size, pit to pit and shoulder measurement? I would also appreciate any insight into the leather choices (I am especially interested in either comp weight black or mid weight black firenze)

I already tried emailing Vanson, and they told me pit to pit is useless and also would not give me a straight answer to shoulder measurement lol.

Greetings!

I am interested in getting a Vanson Maverick trucker jacket

The problem is, I am torn between size 40 and 42. Does anyone happen to have a recently purchased Vanson Maverick (Not sure if they change their pattern) and could kindly provide the size, pit to pit and shoulder measurement? I would also appreciate any insight into the leather choices (I am especially interested in either comp weight black or mid weight black firenze)

I already tried emailing Vanson, and they told me pit to pit is useless and also would not give me a straight answer to shoulder measurement lol.

Vanson is putting you on the game but you aren't listening!

Shoulder width is a pretend-measurement that doesn't really exist in a way the internet think it does. The distance between the shoulder seams is of a strictly aesthetical nature and has absolutely no effect on the wearability of the jacket.

As for which size to buy, that's extremely simple - The size you wear. If you are a size 40, buy a size 40. If you are a size 42, buy a size 42. Vanson told you everything you need to know. Unless you are a tailor, the pit to pit measurement is useless to you and you don't know what to do with it. I sure don't and it took me 10 plus years to realize this. That's why the size tag is there, so I wouldn't have to think that I am somehow smarter than the maker.

Leather we can help you with, though. Comp. Weight as far as I am concerned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymatmar