Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Resistol Roundup

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dh66, thanks man I appreciate that. I was thinking of recreasing the hat but decided to leave the cattleman's crease instead.

Dh66, thanks man I appreciate that. I was thinking of recreasing the hat but decided to leave the cattleman's crease instead.

I am really glad to hear that. It's definately a standout look. I am a huge fan of the style.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Landman

One Too Many
Roger, that Resistol is very cool. That is a great find! I love the ribbon treatment on it and think the cattleman's crease looks great. I'm no Resistol expert but I'd guess it to be an early 1950's. That is definitely an older style liner.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I want to Marry your wife Roger.
lol, yeah she makes my day!

Roger, that Resistol is very cool. That is a great find! I love the ribbon treatment on it and think the cattleman's crease looks great. I'm no Resistol expert but I'd guess it to be an early 1950's. That is definitely an older style liner.

Thanks Landman. The hat couldn't have been worn much. The protective layers under the sweatband look brand new like no sweat ever made it that far and there is plenty of sweat time around here. The stamp on the sweat band (not pictured) shows that it was sold in a store this town so it's been sitting in his closet for decades.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Rodger
Outstanding find
Your wife has the eye
Lucky guy you
Great to have support from our significant others.

SingingCowboy

New in Town
I found this 5x Resistol Ft. Worth in Palomino on ebay for $50, including shipping. These are the ebay seller photos.

Reading back through this thread (which took about 2 days), I would guess this is a late '60s or early '70s based on similar products I saw on ebay, and on the little info I could find about the shop (W.J. Oetken Dry Goods, Runge, TX). The interesting thing about this hat is the piping around the tip, which I don't remember seeing on any other similarly-aged hat.

I'll post pics of my slight modifications later tonight.

SingingCowboy

New in Town
It started with cow-kicks front and back, but I decided I liked the hat better with just the one in front. I also added a more dramatic curve to the brim. Finally, I added a slightly broader cream ribbon for a dressier look. The last picture shows the gold piping between the lining and the tip. Anyone ever seen something like this?

(Also, I'm not actually trying to hide my face in the 4th picture. Just appears that way.)

Dallashat

New in Town
All of my hats through the years have been Resistols, i found this one on line never been bashed or worn.
I sure like the " kitten finish" the nap is short and the fur seems more dence than there other grades and you have to love those self conforming sweats!
IMG_0484_zpsa1817362.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0518_zps7b439d74.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0517_zps237c5d4d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82