Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Sure, in movies. In gun fights, but a photo shoot?

I'm LOL about the part saying it was made obsolete 150 years ago. Tell that to Ruger Exec's. They sell thousands of those old knuckle busters. They are a weakness for me, just like hats.

Back in the late 60s during the Clint Eastwood “spaghetti” westerns were in
theaters
I went to a gun shop in San Francisco and purchased a Navy Colt pistol
black powder like the one I thought Tuco put together in
“The Good, the Bad & the Ugly”.

I also asked the dealer I needed the “cartridges” too.
He gave me an odd look!

That ‘ll give you an idea of how much I know about guns! :(

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The poncho, cigar, the “don’t-give-a-hoot” look....along with that tune...
This was cool at 100 % RPM. :D
good-bad-ugly-clint-eastwood-796x1024.jpg

Last edited:
What I don't understand is all the discussion over a trained professional holding a cocked rifle during an obvious promotional photo shoot when it's pointed at the sky, her left hand clearly on the fore stock, the right hand down down near the butt and and nowhere near the trigger.
I have no fear for the cameraman or anyone in the vicinity.

I carried professionally for over twenty five years, including 1911's in the cocked and locked position until it was drawn. Then it was finger off the trigger until it wasn't. They don't shoot until the trigger is pulled. Same as that rifle.

What I don't understand is all the discussion over a trained professional holding a cocked rifle during an obvious promotional photo shoot when it's pointed at the sky, her left hand clearly on the fore stock, the right hand down down near the butt and and nowhere near the trigger.
I have no fear for the cameraman or anyone in the vicinity.

I carried professionally for over twenty five years, including 1911's in the cocked and locked position until it was drawn. Then it was finger off the trigger until it wasn't. They don't shoot until the trigger is pulled. Same as that rifle.
Agreed.

Jun. 22, 1922, Washington, D.C. — President Harding receives veterans of the Confederate Army attending their 32nd annual reunion at Richmond, Virginia. President Harding welcomed them to the White House.

IMG_3852.jpg

J. F. Griffin, 81, the last surviving member of the Louisiana Tigers, holds a Second Naval Jack flag at the Reunion at Richmond.

IMG_3851.jpg

Jun. 22, 1922, Washington, D.C. — President Harding receives veterans of the Confederate Army attending their 32nd annual reunion at Richmond, Virginia. President Harding welcomed them to the White House.

IMG_3852.jpg

J. F. Griffin, 81, the last surviving member of the Louisiana Tigers, holds a Second Naval Jack flag at the Reunion at Richmond.

IMG_3851.jpg

At 81, Mr. Griffin looks like he's still good to go.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up

IMG_3852.jpg

If buttons are any indication, this image had been flipped. Here it is, re-orientated and cleaned up a little:
IMG_3852_flipped.jpg

viclip

Practically Family
If buttons are any indication, this image had been flipped. Here it is, re-orientated and cleaned up a little:
View attachment 91801
This image now "computes". I'd noticed in the original image that the prez had his pocket watch seemingly hanging from the button hole in his right lapel, nestled in his right breast pocket. Normally suit jackets of course have lapel button holes & breast pockets on the left, which jives with your handiwork.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken