Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

Jake, these are the real Angel Eyes!

IMG_4088.JPG
IMG_4087.JPG

IMG_4086.JPG

IMG_4085.JPG

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
An Image of a Italy I saw fading, a cattle broker with seller and buyer in the act of giving up the hand that was the end of the deal
349cw82.jpg

I photographed until the early nineties the small and less frequent fairs of animals, especially bovine animals, that at the end of the alpine were sold and bought. September was the one dedicated to photographs of a world that has vanished.
This photograph (not mine) is from the fifties.
Notice in each man's hands a kind of tapered stick: the means to accompany the animals to the pasture.

An Image of a Italy I saw fading, a cattle broker with seller and buyer in the act of giving up the hand that was the end of the deal
349cw82.jpg

I photographed until the early nineties the small and less frequent fairs of animals, especially bovine animals, that at the end of the alpine were sold and bought. September was the one dedicated to photographs of a world that has vanished.
Notice in each man's hands a kind of tapered stick: the means to accompany the animals to the pasture.

Daniele, there is nothing about that photo I don't adore. That is a great pic; much action in it.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

349cw82.jpg

Seems like trading cattle has some sort of international language. Here in Holland the trading took place exactly the same way. Prices went back and forth with a clap of the hand until a deal was struck, then spit and shake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken