Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
As a CMSA world champion cowgirl and SASS overall champion, I bet she does.

:D
591BFF4C-CEBA-49CE-BB64-B8A5287A5BBE.jpeg

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
New York Daily~
Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 10.30.23 PM.png

Stock brokers are seen at the New York Stock Exchange as panic continues from the previous day.
Thousands of investors lost their savings in the worst stock market crash in Wall Street history
on Oct. 29, 1929, after a five-day frenzy of heavy trading, triggering the Great Depression to follow.
Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 10.37.14 PM.png

People rush to a saving bank in Millbury, Massachusetts, on Oct. 24, 1929 as Wall Street in New York crashed,
sparking a run on banks that spread across the United States and the world.

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
But why? It just seems odd to me. Someone with her abilities. Doesn't add to the photo... just odd to me.

I didn’t noticed at first, and it does seem odd unless there was a reason why the gun is cocked.
but since there is no caption or information, it’s difficult to say.

Found this on the web:

The "cocking the gun to show you mean business” dates back to Westerns, back when those old revolvers forced you to cock them between each shot (something that was made obsolete 150 years ago.
I’m no gun expert, just my 2¢.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I didn’t noticed at first, and it does seem odd unless there was a reason why the gun is cocked.
but since there is no caption or information, it’s difficult to say.

Found this on the web:

The "cocking the gun to show you mean business” dates back to Westerns, back when those old revolvers forced you to cock them between each shot (something that was made obsolete 150 years ago.
Sure, in movies. In gun fights, but a photo shoot?

I'm LOL about the part saying it was made obsolete 150 years ago. Tell that to Ruger Exec's. They sell thousands of those old knuckle busters. They are a weakness for me, just like hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken