Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Era -- Day By Day

LizzieMaine

Bartender
And in the Daily News...

Daily_News_Tue__Jun_6__1944_.jpg

Usually the News archives include multiple editions, starting with the Pink edition issued about 9pm the night before the masthead date, and continuing thru the four star Finals issued late in the morning. Today we have only this one edition, and it is not complete. Fourteen pages are missing, including most of the comics, which we will bring you from elsewhere.

Daily_News_Tue__Jun_6__1944_(1).jpg

Gawdblessya, News. No matter what else is happening, we need Page Four to carry on.

Daily_News_Tue__Jun_6__1944_(2).jpg

Sure, they'll be glad to see ya.

Daily_News_Tue__Jun_6__1944_(3).jpg

You're never too young to be a master of snark.

Chicago_Tribune_Tue__Jun_6__1944_.jpg

Hey guys, turn on the radio.

Chicago_Tribune_Tue__Jun_6__1944_(1).jpg

Don't any of you monkeys ever read Ellery Queen?

Chicago_Tribune_Tue__Jun_6__1944_(2).jpg

It's nice to be a respected authority figure in the community.

Chicago_Tribune_Tue__Jun_6__1944_(3).jpg

Run, Trish, run like the wind..

Chicago_Tribune_Tue__Jun_6__1944_(4).jpg

World events and all...

"...draped in a voluminous cotton nightgown."

Are you sure it is the nightgown that is voluminous?

"Today we have only this one edition, and it is not complete. Fourteen pages are missing, including most of the comics, which we will bring you from elsewhere."

Thank you, Lizzie

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
RACE 12 7 JUNE 2024 SARATOGA / ACORN STAKES

#3 LESLIE'S ROSE
#4 JUST FYI
#6 WHERE'S MY RING
#9 THORPEDO ANNA

N.B. talent parity inherent the ACORN considered with post draw has favoured THORPEDO ANNA set to break wide against inside posted highly capable fillies.
I remain convinced ANNA can win despite her outside post and will include her on some tickets to win. Likewise the other three are equivalent contenders so scramble these numbers
with superfecta wagers. Saratoga is forecast rain this weekend.

RACE 12 8 JUNE 2024 SARATOGA / BELMONT STAKES

#10 MINDFRAME
#9 SIERRA LEONE
#2 RESILIENCE
#1 SEISE THE GREY

N.B. this year's BELMONT STAKES is considered the most competive field in over a decade,
however a wildcard called MINDFRAME is fast, very fast. He can defeat favoured SIERRA LEONE and every other horse but he himself must decide whether or not he wants to run
Saturday. And without lasik, a drug given in some locales to mitigate lung bleeding.
#3 MYSTIK DAN, and #5 ANTIQUARIAN deserve honourable mention and can be included
on some tickets. Bet superfectas to maximize profit.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Brooklyn_Eagle_Wed__Jun_7__1944_.jpg

("Hey, Ma...." greets Sally in a slow, slurred voice as she squeaks thru the screen door. Ma looks up from cutting the wire binding a just-delivered bundle of the Eagle's Sports Final. "Maaaaarcy, daaughter," she exclaims. "Ye look roit knackered." Without waiting for the order, Ma pumps a squirt of syrup into a Coca-Cola glass and pulls the seltzer tap, frothing the beverage in the glass. She slides the drink across the counter as Sally slumps onto a stool. "Up awl night again," she sighs, "wit't radio awn." She glances at the radio on the shelf behind the counter, squawking bulletins unheeded. "You too, huh?" "Oh yes," nods Ma, wiping her hands on a crisp white towel. "We poot William t'bed on toime, but th' two oov oos...uh, I mean, ye Uncle Frank staahped by, an' we..." "Yeh," sighs Sally, taking a deep sip of her drink. "It'll aaaahl be oovar soon," declares Ma, her voice taking on a desperate, forceful tone. "An' they'll be coomin' home. Michael will be sitt'n on thaaat stool roit there, joost'as 'ee's ahhhways doon. An' Joseph'll be home, oi bet, joost int time faaahr..." "Just in time f'what?" chuckles Sally. "T' Woil' Series? Fat chance we'eh gonna caeh'ra'bout t'at.""Ahhh, nooo," muses Ma, reckoning the count of months in her mind. "Boot maybe -- ah -- well, let's see now -- th' New Yearrr. Oooh yes, that oot t'give, well, a coupla weeks til..." "Whaattayou tawkin' about?" puzzles Sally. "I sweah, Ma, sometimes I can't figyeh you atawl." "A coopla weeks till -- ah -- th' Inauguration," stammers Ma. "Oooh yes, oi'm sure Joseph will want t'be here f'r thaaat, he's ahlways been a -- a -- great admoirer a' Mistarr Roosevelt, wouldn't ye say? Tell me, ye faahlow politics faaar moor than Oi evarrd did, what d'ye thinka th' election? Will Mistarr -- ah -- that is t'say-- Governaarr -- uh -- Dewey have mooch oova chance?" "I think," sighs Sally, "you ain' gett'na'nough sleep neit'eh.")

President Roosevelt today gave credit to Soviet Premier Joseph Stalin for his decisive role in bringing American and British leadership together on the question of when and how to begin the Allied invasion of Western Europe. After months of negotiation and tension among the Allied leaders over the question of a second front, the President acknowledged, it was not until the Teheran Conference last December, during which he met personally with Stalin and Prime Minister Winston Churchill that an accord was reached on the matter. The President declined, however, at his news conference yesterday, to speculate on the future course of the Invasion, citing "military secrets." Prime Minister Churchill, however, was more forthcoming, telling the House of Commons yesterday that the first landings were but the initial wave of several additional landings to be anticipated in the days ahead.

Brooklyn_Eagle_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(1).jpg

("Take off your coat, Mr. Leary," smiles a Red Cross nurse, "and roll up your sleeve, please," as Uncle Frank slides uncomfortably onto the examination seat. "Oh, good," the nurse continues, "you have prominent veins." "Oi'm told," grins Uncle Frank, "tharr woon'a me best features." "Ah," nods the nurse. "Bit oova joke," shrugs Uncle Frank, acknowledging just how small a bit. "Now," says the nurse, tying a thin rubber tube around his bicep, "make a fist." "Oh yess," Uncle Frank nods. "Oi'm very good at makin' fists. Like so?" "That's fine," the nurse nods, swabbing his arm with alcohol. "Now," she continues, "please hold still." Uncle Frank grits his teeth, closes his eyes, and turns his head away from the approaching carnage. The nurse, satisfied with the placement of the needle, releases the tourniquet and watches the blood flow. "After we're finished," she adds, "you may step into the next room and have a donut and a nice cool glass of lemonade.""Oooh," winces Uncle Frank, his eyes as tightly clenched as his fist. "Ye woodn't have anything -- ah -- a moit strongarr," "Oh no," chuckles the nurse. "Would ye LOIKE," offers Uncle Frank, "anything a moit strongarr? Because if ye do, Oi would be very haappy to...")

Brooklyn_Eagle_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(2).jpg

(America's Biggest Small Town does its part.)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(3).jpg

("I'MMMMMM TAAAAAAALKIN' 'BOUT SLIIIIIIIIP COVERRRRRRRS!" Yeah, it just might work.)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(4).jpg

(Hughes? Feh. Get Stanky!)

The Dodgers are denying rumors that the reason Arky Vaughan is sitting out the season on his California ranch is that he requested, and was refused, payment of his entire year's salary in advance. Vaughan himself has issued no comment on those reports.

Brooklyn_Eagle_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(5).jpg

(Dear readers! For all YOUR prescription needs, clip and save this handy form!)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(6).jpg

(It's not that, somebody upstairs just tuned in the "Hartz Mountain Master Canaries.")

Brooklyn_Eagle_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(7).jpg

(JANE ARDEN IS NO BRASSCHECK! Go see the Journal-American, they'll fix you up.)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(8).jpg

(Jeez, Corporal, don't you know when you're getting the brush? HOW PLAIN DOES SHE HAVE TO SAY IT?)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(9).jpg

(AMERICA'S NUMBER ONE HERO DOG has no truck with stolen weenies...)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
And in the Daily News...

Daily_News_Wed__Jun_7__1944_.jpg

It's always interesting to see how much real news you can pack onto a tabloid front page when you try.

Daily_News_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(1).jpg

And even Page Four gets in the spirit.

Daily_News_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(2).jpg

Here kitty kitty kitty....

Daily_News_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(3).jpg

I dunno, wouldn't it be more a matter of geometry?

Daily_News_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(4).jpg

When All America Pulled Together.

Daily_News_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(5).jpg

Be gentle. He's probably still grieving Flattop.

Daily_News_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(6).jpg

YOU'LL NEVER WORK IN THIS TOWN AGAIN.

Daily_News_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(7).jpg

"Now I know why you dance like that, child. It's not rhythm -- it's lactose intolerance!"

Daily_News_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(8).jpg

"Incidentally, I'll be wanting her back here to work on the farm..."

Daily_News_Wed__Jun_7__1944_(9).jpg

Before the days of WebMD...

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
I was afeared mates Burma might just jungle succumb Darwinian evolutionary trace erase
all things considered. Howsoever our intrepid lass will be rescued Robinson Crusoe I presume
afore paws and claws fun and frolic Nipponese, Sikh, local indigenous, or lost Yank outfit stumbles upon Christmas presence. Tommy Atkins is out abouts jungle rat he tis his sweet toothsome sure.

D-Day 6 June 1944, the longest day.
This date is studied, argued, and debated to this moment down to the tiniest sand particle.
Bless all those still with us and gone.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Brooklyn_Eagle_Thu__Jun_8__1944_.jpg

("Didja heeh t'at t'ing onna radio las' night?" sighs Sally, glancing over at Alice, who is immersed in a summer correspondence school geography book. "T'at guy t'at was onna boat t'eh, an' y'hoid awla shells goin' awff an' awlat." "Yeh," Alice replies. "Siddy hadda go inna ot'eh room, t'ough, when y'hoid awlat shootin' 'neh, he kin'a got awl pale an' said'ee didn' wanna lissen no moeh. I guess he haddanougha t'at inna las' wawr." "I won'neh what it's like," Sally ponders. "'Magine bein' out somewheh an' t'ez people shoot'n atcha, try'na kill ya, an' y'neveh know if y'gonna get hit. What'sat feel like?" "It ain't good," exhales Alice. "I mean, it ain' -- uh -- eveh happn'ta me. 'M jus' sayin' in gen'ral, y'know. I mean -- uh -- 'magine if you was, oh, drivin'a truck out'na dawrk, out'n Lawng Islan', out'na woods som'place, an' somebody shoots out y'tieh'ra sump'n an..." She trails off, realizing that Sally is regarding her with a look best described as baffled perplexity. "Um, I mean -- uh ---" Alice stammers. "I mean, jus' imagine, right?" She exhales deeply and glances down at her book. "Hey," she resolutely resumes. "J'eveh look at t'coasta France? I mean, look heeh at how big it is...")

Brooklyn_Eagle_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(1).jpg

("I wondarrrr how long," sighs Ma, gazing at the map on Page Two. "I wondarr how long it'll take 'em t'get t' Moosbarg, Garrrmany?" "Didn't ye say," replies Uncle Frank, thru a sip of two-cents-plain. "that it's waaaay doon'a otharr enda Garrmany? Thim troops coomin' oop fr'm Italy'll get tharr first." "Since when'a ye an expaaart," injects Ma, "aaaahn military straaategy?" "Ye don't make it thru tharteen years a' Proohibition," chuckles Uncle Frank, draining his glass, "withoot ye larrrn a few things aboot tactics.")

Brooklyn_Eagle_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(2).jpg

(Hey, give the poor kid a break. Maybe he just likes Fitz.)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(3).jpg

(Did you know Wonder Woman was molded out of clay by her mother Hippolyta and brought to life by a prayer to Aphrodite? IT'S THE TRUTH, KID.)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(4).jpg

(EDDIE STANKY! EDDIE STANKY! EDDIE STANKY!)

Eddie Stanky wasn't the only player acquired yesterday by the Mahatma of Montague Street. The Dodgers have signed star New York University pitcher Ralph Branca, who impressed during a non-roster apperance at the Bear Mountain spring training camp this year, where he threw a few rounds of batting practice. Branca, a 6-foot-3, 200-pound right-hander, won nine games and lost three for the Violets this spring. Rickey indicated that he hopes to sign "at least a couple more" kid players within the next day or two, which will put the Brooklyn roster at 30, meaning five men will have to be cut before the 25-player limit goes into force on June 15th.

Brooklyn_Eagle_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(5).jpg

(Honestly, I don't like any of these people. BRING BACK LEONA!)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(6).jpg

("Well, too bad -- I just don't have the red points for a steak THAT big.")

Brooklyn_Eagle_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(7).jpg

("Hah!" snickers Hops Gaffney. "Whatta SPECIMEN!")

Brooklyn_Eagle_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(8).jpg

(Aren't you cold?)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(9).jpg
("...in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as God, knowing good and evil....")

LizzieMaine

Bartender
And in the Daily News...

Daily_News_Thu__Jun_8__1944_.jpg

New York's Picture Newspaper shows how it's done.

Daily_News_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(1).jpg

There's always a Brooklyn angle.

Daily_News_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(3).jpg

I'm disappointed they didn't slap him in harmony.

Daily_News_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(4).jpg

"All right, that's over with. Let's neck."

Daily_News_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(5).jpg

"I told you before. Embezzlers don't PAY income tax!"

Daily_News_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(6).jpg

"CUT. All right, try again, and this time try to look a little less like a block of wood!"

Daily_News_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(7).jpg

And that's why you need a Back Room to get by.

Daily_News_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(8).jpg

When Mr. Gray hates cops he REALLY hates cops.

Daily_News_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(9).jpg

"Meh. Too salty."

Daily_News_Thu__Jun_8__1944_(10).jpg
The Raymond Street Hotel is known for its service.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Milton Caniff writes an exit scene.

Snagged a scrambled egg superfecta with TA yesterday with a fiver for $2,500 abouts.
Placed Belmont bets with twin leads Sierra Leone and Mindrame earlier today.
My mind is track callouse chalk board beat, but the Caitlin Clark Womens Basketball Assoc.
embroglio has me glued its screen. Quite impressive lass and her court shooting bonkers
basketball. Extraordinary. Macbeth's witches stir envious stew. Mayhem. :mad::eek:o_O:oops:

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Snagged a scrambled egg superfecta with TA yesterday with a fiver for $2,500 abouts.
Placed Belmont bets with twin leads Sierra Leone and Mindrame earlier today.
Past witching midnight London and checking my New York track tickets like an obsessed
rail track crow should. Another superfecta caught in the SEVENTH but stakes TWELVE busted
flush entirely. My scrambled bunch yielded a series of Dornbach headers with caught pairs
but no complete quads. Sierra Leone, favoured heavily to win came in third behind Mindframe or Mindful, a quick new shooter many thought rather out of place in the Belmont
with only two races ever run. I've noted the American penchant to advance horses with extraordinary celerity; hence Minded boasting a scant two races or Sierra Leone, new tack
blinders and a new bridle bit custom crafted so to avoid listening left. And not much raced.
Lightly raced two and three year olds resist exacting handicap measure. Also, when a filly or colt goes from barn yearling to the Belmont Stakes overnight a lack of tactical training
shows even amoung the most exceptionally talented horses.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Brooklyn_Eagle_Fri__Jun_9__1944_.jpg

("I dunno how come y' wanna lissen t't'is," grumbles Alice, glancing over at Krause, who reclines pleasantly in his armchair, a copy of "Popular Mechanics" resting on his lap, as he listens to "Gang Busters." "T'ese cawp shows is awlla bunk," Alice continues. "An' b'sides, awl cawps is a buncha bums. How 'bout we change it? How 'bout instead we lissen t' 'It Pays T' Be Ignorant?' T'at's a pretty funny show doncha t'ink?" "Neh," grunts Krause. Alice leans back in her own chair with a futile sigh. "Hey, Siddy," she resumes, after a time. as a strident voice begins barking out the advantages of a particular brand of liniment. "Y'know, sump'n kinda funny happn't'day. Afteh woik I wen' oveh t' Ma Sweeney's wit' Sal, y'know, t'pick up Leonoreh, an' Ma was actin' awl peculieh. Soon's we siddown, she stawrts fussin' awl oveh Sal, askin' is she feelin' awright, is she comf'table, is she been feelin' sick. She says 'don' drink so much Coca-Cola, it ain' good fawr yeh, lemme mix ya up'n Alka-Seltzeh. An'nen Unca Frank comes in, right, wit' a big cigawr innis kisseh, an' Ma says 'Francis Leary, you put t'at out right t'is instant. Sally don' need t' breat'e nonna yeh stinkin' t'bacceh inna condition she's in.' An' Sal says 'huh?' An' Ma says 'oh, well, I know y'don' like cigawr smell, an' I know y'tiehed fr'm a lawng day at t'plant. An'nen she says 'g'wan, an' drink ya Alka-Seltzeh.' I don' get it, Siddy, what's Alka Seltzeh gonna do if ya got soeh feet?" Krause looks over at Alice and frowns, his wheels turning. He is about to make a remark when Alice interrupts. "You sueh you do'wanna lissen," she pleads, "t' 'It Pays T' Be Ignorant?'" "Neh," sighs Krause.)

The surprise resignation of James A. Farley, former Postmaster General, as chairman of the New York State Democratic Party has sent both Democratic and Republican leaders into a frenzy of speculation as to the possible political significance of that move, especially as to how it relates to President Roosevelt's likely nomination for a fourth term. Farley's statement that his personal "business duties and obligations" would prevent him from allotting an appropriate amount of time to a fourth Roosevelt campaign rang hollow to observers, who suggested that Farley's resignation may in fact be the prelude to his aligning himself with a "Stop Roosevelt" movement among those in the party opposed to a fourth term, even to the point of Farley possibly declaring himself a candidate for the nomination ahead of next month's Democratic National Convention. Farley, who had been a staunch Roosevelt ally during most of the President's first two terms did not actively support the campaign for a third term in 1940, but neither did he vigorously oppose it.

President Roosevelt was described today as "more vigorous than most men of 62" following an examination by his personal physician. The report from Vice Admiral Ross T. McIntire, M. D., was seen as putting an end to speculation that the President's health will be an issue during the Presidential campaign ahead. The physical examination of the President was conducted on May 26th at the Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, and concluded that "the President is in better physical condition than the average man of his age." Dr. McIntire's report acknowledged that the President returned from the Cairo and Tehrean conferences in late December, he was suffering from influenza and bronchitis, but the report further states that he has made a full recovery from those illnesses.

A sixty-four year old pants presser from the Brighton district was charged yesterday with one of the meanest of petty crimes, that of stealing newspapers and small change from a Manhattan newssstand operated by a blind man. Abraham Chais of 2824 Brighton 4th Street is being held on $500 bail in Special Sessions court. His bail had originally been set at $100, but after Chais appeared yesterday to protest the charge before Magistrate William W. Hoppin, the bail was raised to $500, and Chais was warned by the Magistrate that it would be best for him to "go back into the woodwork." Chais is charged with stealing papers and coins over a period of several months from a stand at Broadway and 39th Street operated by 22-year-old John Campanella. The news vendor suspected thefts were happening and enlisted the aid of a friend to observe persons approaching his stand. That friend reported that he saw Chais take three papers and then walk off. Apprehended by a detective, the defendant protested his innocence and then offered to return the papers.

Brooklyn_Eagle_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(1).jpg

("Hey," heys Miss Kaplan thru a mouthful of corned beef. "You heeh anyt'ing 'bout t'at contest? Wasn'a deadline yestehday?" Mozelewski hmphs noncomittally, absorbed in the new Harper's Bazaar. "I tol'ya y'shoulda put onnat frill aroun'ese heeh," frowns Miss Kaplan. "Hey, t'ey gotta'nutt'eh contes'. Oh. Well, I ain' no teenage goil." She takes another bite of her sandwich and regards her tablemate before adding "I guess you ain't nei'teh." Mozelwski's scowl descends like a blackout curtain over the scene...)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(2).jpg

("Justine Justis" = The second paragraph was clearly written by a heavyset baldheaded fifty-five-year-old man from Elmhurst, and the first paragraph was clearly written by Elizabeth Hawes. Wonder how they met?)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(3).jpg

(Even now they're crafting the postwar narrative.)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(4).jpg

(EDDIE STANKY! EDDIE STANKY! EDDIE STANKY! In case you missed it.)

Another youthful infielder will be joining the Dodgers shortly, wth 17-year-old shortstop Eddie Miksis signing a contract which stipulates that he cannot report to the club until after his graduation on Saturday with the senior class of Burlington High School in New Jersey. The contract also includes an unusual clause stipulating that manager Leo Durocher cannot use Miksis in a game for at least two weeks after the youth joins the Dodgers. Club President Branch Rickey says the unusual stipulation is intended to allow the boy time to recover from the "buck fever" he is likely to incur as a result of his sudden apperance in the big leauges.

Brooklyn_Eagle_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(5).jpg

(Ahhhhh, small town life.)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(6).jpg

(Moscow? Well, he doesn't look like a Minsk.)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(7).jpg

("Hey," shrugs the horse. "Beats working for Shefffield Farms.")

Brooklyn_Eagle_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(8).jpg

(Sure it's a loud jacket, but you've got to admire the tailoring.)

Brooklyn_Eagle_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(9).jpg

(Ahhhhh, the Worst Dad Ever.)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
And in the Daily News...

Daily_News_Fri__Jun_9__1944_.jpg

Remarkable, isn't it, how quickly things seem to get back to normal.

Daily_News_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(1).jpg

Sigh. That it should come to this.

Daily_News_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(3).jpg

That's gonna be your excuse from now on, isn't it DICK?

Daily_News_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(4).jpg

I love a good Hollywood story.

Daily_News_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(5).jpg

Tottenville's actually kinda nice this time of year.

Daily_News_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(6).jpg

"They're all in the Army, dear. We've been over this."

Daily_News_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(7).jpg

There is no more passive-aggressive word in the English language than "but..."

Daily_News_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(8).jpg

Hm. Sanjak, 5-1. Dillon Kane (April's brother, last known to be in India) 10-1. Tony Sandhurst -- nah, the hands aren't fat enough. Kiel -- nah, pretty sure he's dead, although we never saw the body. Captain Judas, 1000-1, but boy wouldn't I like to see THAT.

Daily_News_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(9).jpg

It's "Mairzy Doats," you mouldy figge.

Daily_News_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(10).jpg

Honest question -- has anybody outside of a comic strip ever actually been the victim of a novelty squirting flower?

"President Roosevelt was described today as "more vigorous than most men of 62" following an examination by his personal physician. The report from Vice Admiral Ross T. McIntire, M. D., was seen as putting an end to speculation that the President's health will be an issue during the Presidential campaign ahead. "

As we say all the time reading these Day by Days, so little is new.

"A sixty-four year old pants presser from the Brighton district was charged yesterday with one of the meanest of petty crimes, that of stealing newspapers and small change from a Manhattan newssstand operated by a blind man."

A special place in hell.

Daily_News_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(8).jpg

Who holds a gun like this, especially when firing it?

Daily_News_Fri__Jun_9__1944_(9).jpg

"It's decision time old man, you either stop calling me 'pantywaist' or I drop every single one of these records right now!"

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
A woman's hands hold that .38 revolver. I am lost as to whom the shooter might be.
Cherry Bomb has grounds for resentment and is in theatre, but all still a bit much jungle wise.
Or any other adversary. If I err and a male took that cat out but intended to kill a woman,
seems obviously indifferent ah um, which leads to orientation and motive. So the table runs
roulette wheel stud poker. And, stud speaking, Burms keeps a bee in her bonnet.
Surprised she didn't rape Terrence whilst aboard that initial DC-3 hop over the hump. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld