Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Deck Jacket thread.

CatsCan

Practically Family
Mine is a 44 at 196 cm/90 kg
Looks good on you although perhaps a bit bigger than you would need. I find it a lovely jacket for the price tag! Just didn't like the button color but this is an easy fix. Do you contemplate about getting a size smaller? I had them come in different sizes and chose the one that fit best and realised, the sleeve length did not change too much. Those can look quite well fitted if one choses their normal size. We are used to upsize with asian brands, especially Bronson in those jackets. But this is a European brand that produces for the European custumer. What do you think?

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
Looks good on you although perhaps a bit bigger than you would need. I find it a lovely jacket for the price tag! Just didn't like the button color but this is an easy fix. Do you contemplate about getting a size smaller? I had them come in different sizes and chose the one that fit best and realised, the sleeve length did not change too much. Those can look quite well fitted if one choses their normal size. We are used to upsize with asian brands, especially Bronson in those jackets. But this is a European brand that produces for the European custumer. What do you think?
I also had a 42 in mind, but it wasn't available with free return. I was also worried that the sleeves would be too short. The ones at 44 are borderline and just about work. Maybe I'll try out the blue one when I get the chance. Or the same again in a smaller size. At this price, I'll experiment a little. If I like the deck jacket principle, I might have a look at a pikebrothers or ironheart.

CatsCan

Practically Family
I also had a 42 in mind, but it wasn't available with free return. I was also worried that the sleeves would be too short. The ones at 44 are borderline and just about work. Maybe I'll try out the blue one when I get the chance. Or the same again in a smaller size. At this price, I'll experiment a little. If I like the deck jacket principle, I might have a look at a pikebrothers or ironheart.
I still have a size 42 in olive in my wardrobe. It's still new and unworn. I only messed up the stencil and caused tiny stains at the letters. Plus I removed the Navy Contract label for reasons I can't remember. But it has the proper buttons as I swapped the originals on this one also. You can have it for free when you pay for the shipping costs. I need space in my wardorbe anyway.

Last edited:

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
I still have a size 42 in olive in my wardrobe. It's still new and unworn. I only messed up the stencil and caused tiny stains at the letters. Plus I removed the Navy Contract label for reasons I can't remember. But it has the proper buttons as I swapped the originals on this one also. You can have it for free when you pay for the shipping costs. I need space in my wardorbe anyway.
That is generous. The question would be whether it is worth sending to Austria from where? I would then also pass on the less suitable jacket.

CatsCan

Practically Family
..if you keep the one I send to you, you could take off the Navy label of your jacket and stitch it into it. It's a pretty good reproduction label in my opinion with even a proper period Contract number (Pritzker). You 'd have to explain the missing label on the one you pass on, though :)

CatsCan

Practically Family
Before you decide, some pics of the jacket:

Stencil with stains:
20241026_142735.jpg

20241026_142744.jpg

Better buttons, stitched on with linen thread, but east west oriented instead of north south like on originals, but who cares:
20241026_142814.jpg

Missing Navy Department Contract Label. Otherwise unworn, clean and undamaged (foto doesn't show the real color correct, but it's like the one you have):
20241026_142918.jpg

Last edited:

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
Before you decide, some pics of the jacket:

Stencil with stains:
View attachment 649833

View attachment 649834

Better buttons, stitched on with linen thread, but east west oriented instead of north south like on originals, but who cares:
View attachment 649835

Missing Navy Department Contract Label. Otherwise unworn, unwashed, clean and undamaged (foto doesn't show the real color correct, but it's like the one you have):
View attachment 649836
Yes, Germany - Austria is no problem :D
Maybe you could measure your sleeves? Mine is just under 69 cm from the shoulder.
IMG_6670.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niicorobin246