Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

delectans

Call Me a Cab
I think your hat color is rutenio and the ribbon color is asfalto. Nice hat.

Many thanks for the compliment, carouselvic, as well as the correction!

I thought it odd to name a hat after a color, or a rare metal. The tag reads: 'Rutenio c. asfalto', which I interpreted as 'Ruthenium colore asfalto'. Should have realized, with my violin/music background, that it actually meant:
Rutenio con asfalto, which would be 'Ruthenium with Asphalt'.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Many thanks for the compliment, carouselvic, as well as the correction!

I thought it odd to name a hat after a color, or a rare metal. The tag reads: 'Rutenio c. asfalto', which I interpreted as 'Ruthenium colore asfalto'. Should have realized, with my violin/music background, that it actually meant:
Rutenio con asfalto, which would be 'Ruthenium with Asphalt'.

That's a lovely name for a color. If I were the marketeer of a fine hat, I wish I would have thought of "asphalt" as the premier color. That executive probably also thought of "weed green" and "xxx yellow." Some people just have the touch!

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I need a little help with this one. This was in a large group of hats I obtained. I can't find out any info on this one searching the lounge. My main question is this...Is this a men's, women's, or unisex fedora? I absolutely can't wear it even though it actually fits and unless somebody on the lounge has interest in it I'm selling it on the bay.
c61c3269.jpg

f992afd2.jpg

e2c62973.jpg

Anybody have any info on this one?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
If there are no Borsalino stamps under the sweatband, I would be willing to bet that the liner and hat did not start life together.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I'm curious now. As far as I know--and I could be wrong of course--Borsalino always marked their sweat in one way or another...

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, I'm curious now. As far as I know--and I could be wrong of course--Borsalino always marked their sweat in one way or another...
I have never seen a Borsalino without a mark on the sweat either. Who knows. I'll give it a real close inspection after work.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Its definitely a generic replacement sweatband so provides no data. The liner has been through the cleaning process more than once. The style is very common for Italian(+ European) makes. If the factory stamp survives it is often up under the edge of the liner, mostly hidden.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
The sweatband actual has Borsalino stamped on it. The coloring has been lost. I don't know if you can see it in this pic, but it says "Borsalino"
f861517e.jpg

Borso Western

Received the Borsalino western style today. Had my pocket camera with me - the documentary photos are a mess, but I've posted a few showing the hat on my my head and a view of the inside label. I'm thinking 1970s here. The felt is lovely - soft, but dense enough to be moldable and hold shape. I will give it a little steam refreshment and post a few more pics. I'm thinking I will wear this one with the brim up, at least until my 7X Stetson returns from rehabilitation.

borso_western.jpg

borso_western3.jpg

borso_western_inside.jpg

borso_western_label.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
The sweatband actual has Borsalino stamped on it. The coloring has been lost. I don't know if you can see it in this pic, but it says "Borsalino"

Never seen that type of sweatband on an Italian-made Borsalino in any market.

Looks a little like some 70's-80's USA made hats with Italian licensing.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Never seen that type of sweatband on an Italian-made Borsalino in any market.

Looks a little like some 70's-80's USA made hats with Italian licensing.

Unless anyone around the lounge has any interest in it - I'm sending it to the bay...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael