Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Received the Borsalino western style today. Had my pocket camera with me - the documentary photos are a mess, but I've posted a few showing the hat on my my head and a view of the inside label. I'm thinking 1970s here. The felt is lovely - soft, but dense enough to be moldable and hold shape. I will give it a little steam refreshment and post a few more pics. I'm thinking I will wear this one with the brim up, at least until my 7X Stetson returns from rehabilitation.

borso_western3.jpg

Alan, what camera are you using. I'm in the market for a new one and the colors (or lack of in this case) of your shots are always great.

Looking good, Alan.

thank you sir!

Alan, what camera are you using. I'm in the market for a new one and the colors (or lack of in this case) of your shots are always great.

This shot and many others are taken with a 4 mpxl Canon Powershot. It's small, that's about all... I carry it with my everyday.

My main camera is a Leica M8 - fantastic tool for a serious photographer... largely because it allows virtually all Leica M lenses ever produced to be mounted and used with a CCD chip. I have a bunch of these that I've acquired over the years... it would be expensive to start the collection today. Hats are much cheaper. 8^)

Last edited:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
This shot and many others are taken with a 4 mpxl Canon Powershot. It's small, that's about all... I carry it with my everyday.

I'm surprised to hear that a little Canon portable takes such nice pictures. You must really know what you are doing.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
thank you sir!

My main camera is a Leica M8 - fantastic tool for a serious photographer... largely because it allows virtually all Leica M lenses ever produced to be mounted and used with a CCD chip. I have a bunch of these that I've acquired over the years... it would be expensive to start the collection today. Hats are much cheaper. 8^)

That's great news 'cause I just got home from B&H photo and got a Canon Powershot S95, very small and light but has several features found in SLRs like aperture control, great ISO range and the ability to shoot RAW. Amazing for such a compact model. (Do you shoot in auto mode on your canon?)

take a look http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/729876-REG/Canon_4343B001_PowerShot_S95_Digital_Camera.html

That's great news 'cause I just got home from B&H photo and got a Canon Powershot S95, very small and light but has several features found in SLRs like aperture control, great ISO range and the ability to shoot RAW. Amazing for such a compact model. (Do you shoot in auto mode on your canon?)

take a look http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/729876-REG/Canon_4343B001_PowerShot_S95_Digital_Camera.html

I usually select a manual mode. With adequate light, most of these little cameras do a decent job. It's in low light situations where stuff falls apart. A lot of adjustment can be done in Adobe Photoshop, which is a must for anyone interested in making pictures, IMO. The shots I posted yesterday in the New Hat thread were all taken with the little Canon. It has a smaller maximum aperture (f2.8) than the camera you purchased. Good luck with the new Powershot. I always intend to make time to visit B&H when I'm in the city and never seem to get around to it.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I am waiting on pins and needles for delivery of my very first Borsalino. It is a "Henry the Hatter" model, but it is at least a Borso. I won it last night and it'll be here early next week.

DRB

One Too Many
M.V. It is alway fun and exciting to get a new hat. Happy for you. Question: didn't you say in a previous post that you were done buying! haha . Looking forward to seeing your Borsalino. I love borso's!

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
didn't you say in a previous post that you were done buying! haha.

LOL.... yeah... I'm only fooling myself at this point, I fear.

Still I am for sure winding down because I am about done with all the basics.

I need one more black one
A white one
A Green one

And then I'll have all the ones I set as a goal for myself.

But I still have three more hats previously purchased winging their way to my home as we speak.

I have the Borso coming, that new Hatco Stetson Stratoliner in black, and a Stetson gray with crimson ribbon and brim binding (currently at Optimo for rehab).

Also I am watching a few on ebay, but won't likely bid on all of them.

So, yeah, I am winding down.... but still in the hunt for a few things. I am at a point where I won't just bid on anything and everything like I was for several months.

It is just hunch but normally they are more finished if they don't have a liner.

Here is one without a liner.

4575400223_072d1ec294_b.jpg

Here is one that originally had a liner.

4888624065_bd58c859d0_b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael