Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Finished my Vanzina Borsa conversion. It came out really nice. It's just a whole lot of black hat. The crown squared up nicely. I have it creased to 4 3/4 at the pinch with a rake sloping to 4 inches in the back. I reused the original 3/4 ribbon and brim binding. The 3 inches wide brim has also been reflanged...

Borsa_Conversion_1_A.jpg

Borsa_Conversion_2_A.jpg

Borsa_Conversion_3_A.jpg

Borsa_Conversion_4_A.jpg

Borsalino_31_A_and_6_A.jpg

There are no excuses for Italians who behave badly with tourists of any nationality.
Then there are some aspects of tourism in Italy that should be debated without prejudice and without hesitation. I believe this is not the right place, but generalizing is not a good thing.
Only an advice said with a smile, knowing it to be a great truth: when you are in Italy try to speak a few words of Italian, try to learn a few words and you will see the attitude of Italians change. Remember that it is not written anywhere that an Italian should speak English and all the tourists languages at his home and often this is totally ignored by tourists. This said with anothe smile by an Italian who speaks well foreign languages and lives in one of the most touristic cities in Italy:rolleyes:

I work in a tourist area of California and I’ve seen far too many of my countrymen acting boorishly towards foreign tourists. It’s not limited to Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I work in a tourist area of California and I’ve seen far too many of my countrymen acting boorishly towards foreign tourists. It’s not limited to Italy.

Well, in Italy there are so many tourists, with all the history and wonderful monuments and buildings they have there, that it must reach a point where they become a nuisance.
Truly wonderful country! It almost surpases belief. In Rome, one cannot turn a corner without one's jaw dropping. Amazing! And the food!!!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Well, in Italy there are so many tourists, with all the history and wonderful monuments and buildings they have there, that it must reach a point where they become a nuisance.
Truly wonderful country! It almost surpases belief. In Rome, one cannot turn a corner without one's jaw dropping. Amazing! And the food!!!

I’m ready to go when you are, Max. I’m sure pre-war Borsalinos are a dime a dozen and available in my size too. Let me know when you’ve made the reservations. ;)

To be honest, the best dressed and most attractive tourist we get here are the Italians. Even though they’ve going to Yosemite National Park they dress with panache. Some of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen too. Classy is the right word.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I’m ready to go when you are, Max. I’m sure pre-war Borsalinos are a dime a dozen and available in my size too. Let me know when you’ve made the reservations. ;)

To be honest, the best dressed and most attractive tourist we get here are the Italians. Even though they’ve going to Yosemite National Park they dress with panache. Some of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen too. Classy is the right word.

Yep! The Italians, being good-looking and simpático explorers and travellers, and having a sense of style, have spread their genes all over the world. Even my daughters' last names are Tejeda-Repetto.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Finished my Vanzina Borsa conversion. It came out really nice. It's just a whole lot of black hat. The crown squared up nicely. I have it creased to 4 3/4 at the pinch with a rake sloping to 4 inches in the back. I reused the original 3/4 ribbon and brim binding. The 3 inches wide brim has also been reflanged...

Borsa_Conversion_1_A.jpg

Borsa_Conversion_2_A.jpg

Borsa_Conversion_3_A.jpg

Borsa_Conversion_4_A.jpg

I like it. I mean I like it - A LOT!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I like it. I mean I like it - A LOT!
Thank you, Bill! I appreciate that. It's definitely imposing with its tall crown and three inches of brim width. I'll be giving it a decent amount of head time since my wife said she wouldn't be seen with me in public wearing this hat. I call it my "Wife Begone" hat. Just pop it on your head when you're out in public and the wife disappears. Instant peace and quiet.

Last edited:

Borsa_Conversion_1_A.jpg

Borsa_Conversion_2_A.jpg

Borsa_Conversion_3_A.jpg

Borsa_Conversion_4_A.jpg

Going back over some neglected threads. The detail shots of this Black Borso are incredible. That brim edge is da bomb. I like the ribbon, it is different and suits this re-styling well. No matter what your wife says...black hats matter!

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Bill! I appreciate that. It's definitely imposing with its tall crown and three inches of brim width. I'll be giving it a decent amount of head time since my wife said she wouldn't be seen with me in public wearing this hat. I call it my "Wife Begone" hat. Just pop it on your head when you're out in public and the wife disappears. Instant peace and quiet.
If you market them like that, you will sell a million copies per week, Terry.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Going back over some neglected threads. The detail shots of this Black Borso are incredible. That brim edge is da bomb. I like the ribbon, it is different and suits this re-styling well. No matter what your wife says...black hats matter!
I'm with you. The brim treatment really stands out. It's a testament to the manufacturer's attention to details. I really like the ribbon work on this one as well.

Borsa_Conversion_1_A.jpg

Borsa_Conversion_2_A.jpg

Borsa_Conversion_3_A.jpg

Borsa_Conversion_4_A.jpg

Another superb job, Terry. That's a completely different hat, without it losing its roots.

My favourite Italian tourist story is crossing paths with a very attractive young Italian couple starting a hike in Arches National Park, Utah. 97 degress, mid day and they look like they just stepped off a photo shoot. She in sling back pumps and a slinky dress and he in Bally slip ons and jeans. Each carried a 350ml bottle of water. I hope they made it out alive.

My favourite Italian tourist story is crossing paths with a very attractive young Italian couple starting a hike in Arches National Park, Utah. 97 degress, mid day and they look like they just stepped off a photo shoot. She in sling back pumps and a slinky dress and he in Bally slip ons and jeans. Each carried a 350ml bottle of water. I hope they made it out alive.

I’ve seen similar lots of times here in Yosemite. Not practical, but they look so good nobody cares. In fact, I think they would have no problem finding volunteers to carry them out if needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust