Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
STOP IT LADY DAY!!!! :eek:

Anyway, Woodland got back to me. The patterns are ALL MINE!

wpt22540hollywood1322.jpg

Kay Francis. Drool! Just my style, too.

wpt30s24341screenstar872.jpg

I was delighted to find this earlier 30s pattern in my size! They all seem to have a 32 inch bust or some number my bust will never see.

wpt40s16306hollywood955.jpg

I love anything that looks uniform-y.

wpt30s24330mccall9713.jpg

And anything sporty.

wpt30s24325mccall9747.jpg

And anything frilly with pointy arm cuffs.

I also bought this from Past Patterns:

1747R.gif

And my husband bought me this off ebay:

sheridan.jpg

Really, I've got too many. My credit card needs a rest. I've got enough patterns to last me a good while if I made them all one by one!

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Ruby Lane is an online antique mall. Its a great place.

LD

Thank you Lady Day for the information, I really appreciate. I have been trying to find patterns that can be bought with an extremely tight budget, since I don't have a job at the moment. :eek:fftopic: But, my aunt and I are looking into starting our own business, soon I hope. Thanks again,
Sarah

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Amy Jeanne said:
STOP IT LADY DAY!!!! :eek:

Anyway, Woodland got back to me. The patterns are ALL MINE!

Really, I've got too many. My credit card needs a rest. I've got enough patterns to last me a good while if I made them all one by one!

Super awesome! Congrads. Keep in mind, you might be able to makeshift some designs you see from patterns you have yet to buy by using parts of some you already own. ;) Thats what Im trying to do and thats why I try to get as many generic staples as I can.

Might save ya a few bucks......might :rolleyes: Tee hee.

LD

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Lady Day said:
Super awesome! Congrads. Keep in mind, you might be able to makeshift some designs you see from patterns you have yet to buy by using parts of some you already own. ;) Thats what Im trying to do and thats why I try to get as many generic staples as I can.

Might save ya a few bucks......might :rolleyes: Tee hee.

LD

YES! I am already starting to think that way.....I stopped myself from buying a pattern yesterday because I realized I already had one with a similar bodice and another with a similar skirt....mix and match time!

However, after browsing the Woodland site (as if I needed ANOTHER site to peruse, Ms. Day ) that thought was replaced by "MUST...HAVE...THAT!"

In fact, I ALMOST bought the jumper that Amy Jeanne purchased, but decided on this other one. And now everyone is happy! (Yet further in debt....) :)
I also had been lurking around that last pattern her hubby got her from ebay and I am glad it went to a happy home...so AMY JEANNE, can't wait to see that last dress all made up! I bet it is going to look killer on you!

martin3090-1.jpg
mccall9363-1.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Who do you ladies think turned me on those these places, fellow ladies from the lounge. Im just doing my part to make sure EVERYBODY is broke, er, everyone know about them :rolleyes:

LD

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
MissAmelina said:
However, after browsing the Woodland site (as if I needed ANOTHER site to peruse, Ms. Day ) that thought was replaced by "MUST...HAVE...THAT!"

I also had been lurking around that last pattern her hubby got her from ebay and I am glad it went to a happy home...so AMY JEANNE, can't wait to see that last dress all made up! I bet it is going to look killer on you!

First -- I say the same thing EVERY SINGLE DAY. It was hard narrowing it down to just 5 -- and I didn't want to go into the 40-50 dollar territory (they're usually the best darnnit!)

And second, that Ann Sheridan pattern is going to be a challenge! I've never worked with ruffles. But I'm not scared to try anything with sewing anymore. I also tried to date that pattern by looking up the movie title on it (The Battle Of City Hall), but the film doesn't seem to exist. I know it's along shot, but does anyone know if it was made or if it was re-titled??

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Amy Jeanne said:
First -- I say the same thing EVERY SINGLE DAY. It was hard narrowing it down to just 5 -- and I didn't want to go into the 40-50 dollar territory (they're usually the best darnnit!)

And second, that Ann Sheridan pattern is going to be a challenge! I've never worked with ruffles. But I'm not scared to try anything with sewing anymore. I also tried to date that pattern by looking up the movie title on it (The Battle Of City Hall), but the film doesn't seem to exist. I know it's along shot, but does anyone know if it was made or if it was re-titled??

YEP! I appears to have been called "Angels with Dirty Faces" from 1938

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029870/

mmmmm....Bogart

Sunny

One Too Many
Amy Jeanne said:

Oh, ruffles aren't hard - just tedious! They're something to take your time with, too. I have no idea how they're made in that pattern, but if you're making fabric ones, cutting them on the bias is best. ;)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Amy Jeanne said:
wpt30s24341screenstar872.jpg

I was delighted to find this earlier 30s pattern in my size! They all seem to have a 32 inch bust or some number my bust will never see.

This in a wool or cotton flannel would be divine, and period correct :)

LD

Sunny

One Too Many
Vanessa said:
I saw these! I would've been all over them if they'd been in my size. I just can't take the time to learn serious grading right now. More patterns for you!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I had never seen this one before:
bdrpatt.jpg

Vanessa, I really love the pleated suit pattern. Wow. That's a neat one. Never seen that before either.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
First patterns of 2009! :)

I am excited about the nice and simple looking dress. I think it'll be a good first "pleats and godets" project.

mccall9624.jpg
mccall8465.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe