Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Damn! That is like running it over with a monster truck. :plol lol

:D:pound:
2i0b12u.png

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
When I'm asked to do something about a spider, I stomp it with my 14 EEE shoe.

On that note, last year, I found two dead wolf spiders on the floor about a week apart, all I can figure is, I walked on them and didn't even know it! I only have a size 11 EE, but at that point, I doubt the spider can tell the difference!

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I grew up in a small city so wild animals don't scare me much. :p A bunch of racoons sneaked into my garage a few years ago to get at the dog food. They got an old fashioned broomstick beatdown. :p

I grew up in southern California. It wasn't unheard of to see a mountain lion in one's back yard. Now I have to deal with the Wisconsin deers. I've been here 12 years and have yet to hit one with my car. Let's hope I never do! As far as spiders, I let them live.

You're lucky! As a fellow Wisconsinite, I've had one encounter, but hit two deer at the same time with my Cadillac.

I grew up in southern California. It wasn't unheard of to see a mountain lion in one's back yard. Now I have to deal with the Wisconsin deers. I've been here 12 years and have yet to hit one with my car. Let's hope I never do! As far as spiders, I let them live.

I grew up in a small city so wild animals don't scare me much. :p A bunch of racoons sneaked into my garage a few years ago to get at the dog food. They got an old fashioned broomstick beatdown. :p

I pressure washed a couple of angry raccoons off a fence one evening. They peeled my front yard in thirty plus different locations much later that night; they can be vindictive.
:D

LizzieMaine

Bartender
When I lived in an apartment, I once had a raccoon get in thru the cat flap on the back porch and eat an entire can of Crisco before I caught him and ran him out with a broom. He was so sore about this he ripped all my washing off the clothesline.

The Italian restaurant downstairs got it even worse. The raccoons got into the suspended ceiling, which collapsed under their weight and landed them smack in the middle of a tourist's plate of ravioli. Chaos was in full bloom.

When I lived in an apartment, I once had a raccoon get in thru the cat flap on the back porch and eat an entire can of Crisco before I caught him and ran him out with a broom. He was so sore about this he ripped all my washing off the clothesline.

They also filled up one of the ponds with rocks a few nights later. After catching a few and sending them far away, Mama and her young have been quiet for the past year plus.
:D

A friend of mine hit a raccoon with her 2008 Chevy Cobalt, obliterated the front end of her car.

I hit one with my 1990 Colony Park Wagon, heard a thud under the car and went on my way lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld