Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Fashion Frank - fantastic, it could not look more inviting. Have you ever thought about building some kind of wicker cabinet to keep your refrigerator in? Your porches' aesthetic is timeless and classic with the fridge being the only "modern" item. We are renovating a 1927 kitchen now and are trying to solve for the same issue, so it's on my mind. Since refrigerators need good venting, wicker would be a perfect and appropriate way to go - just a thought.

And it's a toss up in my mind as to which invitation I'd be more excited about, to come over to your house or Big Man's - both looks incredibly inviting and both of you seem like such nice people.

fashion frank

One Too Many
That story is a nice way of dissuading potentials guests from staying the night. Clever. Clever. :D
Oh, and with what is the refrigerator stocked?
:D

Touch of Evil I just love giving the kids a hard time with that picture!
I actually bought it in town for $30.00 .
I think the frame itself is worth that, the cool thing about that picture is that it is actually hand drawn and drawn to look like a photo.

Now as far as the fridge goes it is stocked with sodas and juice drinks for the kids in the area ( they love the porch as well) and currently has Sam Adams Lager , Yueng ling Summer ale, and Narragansett Summer Ale ( a local favorite)

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes and I wish I could just snap my fingers and have you all over for a evening provided that you don't mind sleeping in aunt Millie's room :p

All the Best, Fashion Frank

I think the frame itself is worth that, the cool thing about that picture is that it is actually hand drawn and drawn to look like a photo.

Now as far as the fridge goes it is stocked with sodas and juice drinks for the kids in the area ( they love the porch as well) and currently has Sam Adams Lager , Yueng ling Summer ale, and Narragansett Summer Ale ( a local favorite)

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes and I wish I could just snap my fingers and have you all over for a evening provided that you don't mind sleeping in aunt Millie's room :p

Aunt Millie could be worse. She could be like Lizzie Borden. :eeek:

Once again, clever! Aunt Millie's room should be fine. Heck, the front porch would be fine as long as I can put down a cot next to the fridge.
:D

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
... And it's a toss up in my mind as to which invitation I'd be more excited about, to come over to your house or Big Man's - both looks incredibly inviting and both of you seem like such nice people.

If any Lounger is ever in the Nebo, NC area, they would be welcomed at my house.

If any Lounger is ever in the Nebo, NC area, they would be welcomed at my house.

If I'm ever there, I will take you up on your generous offer. And my girlfriend and I, despite being New Yorkers and the last people you think would enjoy and be in shape for hiking - regularly walk 12 - 18 miles in Central park, so we can at least hold our own on one of your hikes.

You walk in Central Park?! Are you armed at least? :p

Having lived in the city in the '80s and now, Central Park of today is not the Central Park of then. While there will still be one-off events, overall, the Park is very safe today if you don't do stupid things (go in late at night into the forest-like areas, etc.). If anything, it is so safe that it is too crowded.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I'm ever there, I will take you up on your generous offer. And my girlfriend and I, despite being New Yorkers and the last people you think would enjoy and be in shape for hiking - regularly walk 12 - 18 miles in Central park, so we can at least hold our own on one of your hikes.

Come on any time. And, if I ever make it back to NYC, I'll look you (and others) up. I really would like to see the "Big City" again. Last time I was there was in 1964.

Come on any time. And, if I ever make it back to NYC, I'll look you (and others) up. I really would like to see the "Big City" again. Last time I was there was in 1964.

Please let me know if you decide to come as I will gladly be a tour guide. There are incredible vintage buildings to see and I think you would be surprised by the hiking opportunities in Central Park (a strikingly beautiful park that still has much of the original Olmsted and Vaux 1873 layout, elegance and period aesthetic in tact).

Also, as I'm guessing you don't mind a good meal, there are some incredibly old pubs and restaurants dating back over a hundred years that still have much of their original decor (or additions made in the '20s - '40s) - you, of course, would be my guest with your only obligation being that you share some more of your incredible stories over food and drink.

As to your bears and snakes comment post - as a long-time resident, it really is amazing what a great job the two prior mayors (the jury is still out on the current one) did at making New York safe and livable again. With only a reasonable amount of thought, one can be very safe in the city (one-off bad things can happen here and almost anywhere) - I would not have said that in the early '80s.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I'm glad I live out in the sticks where all I have to worry about are bears and snakes. :)

In 2013 our population was 439,886, I expect it is more now. We still have rattlesnakes and black bears all around the city! We even had one at the Senior U.S Open golf tournament. I'm not a golf expert, what kind of par is that? [video=youtube;b2_OvzCRetM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2_OvzCRetM[/video]

I'm not sure what kind of par that would be, but I think I'd use a 7 iron and try to bank my shot off the bear and onto the green. :)

To bank it off the bear I might use a 6 iron instead as the 7 iron has too much loft to get a good bank shot. Trust me, I know. I just got done playing 23 holes. :p
My last encounter with wildlife was a few weeks ago on the course. There were two foxes on the 8th green. We putted around them. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe