Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Marc Chevalier said:
I REALLY want these two -- badly!

Probably two of the craziest patterns I have. Good luck in finding duplicates of those though. :D
Here is an interesting feature:
EndLock.jpg

I wish I could find more at this price:
pricetag.jpg
:p

Regards,

J

Baron Kurtz said:
I've been looking for one of those clip-to-the-shirt ties since i saw an Apparel Arts ad for the brand a couple of years ago. Lucky beggar that ye are.

bk

If you buy enough ties, eventually there will be one in the bunch. :D
I tend to like the vintage ties that tie so that the knot is one color/pattern and the rest of the tie is another pattern or color. The red diamond tie next to the peacock is one of those but I didn't get enough of the tie to show it. The knot ends up a dark blue with the red diamond pattern being the body of the tie.

Regards,

J

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Marc Chevalier said:
A guy as talented, innovative and productive as Armstrong is free to smoke anything he wants, in my book.
Quigley Brown said:
Then you mean that he did his most talented, innovative and productive work while stoned?

I don't know. Fact is, Louis Armstrong did very talented, innovative and productive work. What he smoked, inhaled or evacuated makes no difference to me one way or the other, and I don't judge him for it. :)

I've got some more tie pics to post. Will do so soon.

Marc Chevalier said:
I don't know. Fact is, Louis Armstrong did very talented, innovative and productive work. What he smoked, inhaled or evacuated makes no difference to me one way or the other, and I don't judge him for it. :)

I've got some more tie pics to post. Will do so soon.

On somewhat a same star note, that avatar is killing me. :eusa_doh: When I think of Chaplin, I think of this guy:
Chaplin.jpg

Center, back row.
These were his United Artist days yes but it is the classic Chaplin as a civilian. Who are the others pictured just to see how well you might know?
Notice Chaplin's tie by the way. Checkered and crooked. :D

Regards,

J

Marc Chevalier said:
On the far left: Samuel Goldwyn (nee Geldfeiss, or "Goldfish").

Mr. Goldwyn, who began his professional life as a crack glove salesman, was a very snappy dresser. His suits were pure Savile Row; his shoes were cobbled in London.

Very good. Between the two of you, you got them right.;)
Goldwyn was indeed a snappy dresser. Take note that Chaplin didn't look too bad either. :p

Regards,

J

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It says extra long, which makes it a bit shorter than a modern tie. I love the pattern in the silk, and that the store has their name in the silk on the reverse.
IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Thanks.

I wish I could wear the black one more, but the silk kind of shot, kind of weird like.
and considering I have less than 20 bucks in all these ties- i'm quite happy. Thank you goodwill!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Marc Chevalier said:
Mr. Goldwyn, who began his professional life as a crack glove salesman, was a very snappy dresser. His suits were pure Savile Row; his shoes were cobbled in London.

Was there a pretty good market for crack gloves then?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally