Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Maj.Nick Danger said:
Was it? And how do you know this? ;) lol
He looks pretty stoned to me in that pic,...buzzed enough to put those safety pins on his shirt. :rolleyes:
And weren't all those jazz guys hop heads? :p

I know this only from clinical studies. I honestly never touched the stuff. There are far too many different brands of Scotch left for me to try for me to trifle with illegal drugs. :p
He could be stoned but not like the stoners of today. Today they would be so messed up that they would pin their collar to their neck instead. :eek:
Hopheads? You mean they all drank beer? :p Interesting how the term's original meaning has changed through the years just as the term "high" has.
I am not sure if jazz=dope then. I need to see stoned pictures of Al Jolson to believe it. :p

Regards,

J

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Armstrong called it "The Muggles."

He's a fascinating, go-your-own-way guy. One of the best of the entire century.
Now where were we? Oh, yes. Let's see some neckties.

The Duke

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Armstrong was also one of the first well-known Americans to wear a Windsor tie knot, way back in the early '30s. He was even known to button up his double-breasted suit jackets right over left, as women do.

Never knew that, Louis is the man!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Armstrong was a great talent. He did many things his way and didn't copy anyone. He's a legend and was a fantastic entertainer!

I have to admit, I enjoy Billy Butterfield's trumpet playing more.

=WR=

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
Not surprising. He smoked weed almost every day of his adult life.

bk

Don't forget about his Swiss Kriss fascination.:eek:

http://www.libertyhall.com/stamp/kriss.html

kriss.gif

Wild Root

Gone Home
JP and Mr. Brown... I have to say you two have some very lovely ties!

I've always loved just about every tie I've seen of Brown's... you've got some collection there my friend! I am truly envious of a large number of them!

Always a pleasure to see what you have in your collections!

=WR=

Jay

Practically Family
1105061838.jpg

1105061837b.jpg

1105061837.jpg

The plus side of being in Florida is the Goodwill Stores down here have some really great ties. The first is all silk and curiously long, although the label states it's a "King Size"(perhaps for really tall people?)
In the second photo is a conservative blue tie without a label. The second, in maroon with the handpainted palm tree is made from 100% DuPont nylon gabardine, which I thought was pretty neat.
Lastly are two frayed-edge ties. The red one is 42 inches, and seems to be really short on me.
Anyhow, this is only the stuff that I have at college. I'll have more and better stuff to show over Christmas, and I'll have my camera instead of my phone, which is why the pictures are a little blurry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally