Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Dinerman said:
I just bought these, mostly for the one on the right.
welltie.jpg

The oil derrick one is really cool! Out by me on Brea Canyon Road near the 57 freeway there is a section of oil field in the hills that define the south side of the valley that have those classic style (steel not wood) derricks up still.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Just got these ties I ordered the other day from American Vintage. They green and blue ties are from the 1920's and the red one is from around 1950. The green one is 100% virgin wool, the whine colored one is knit and the last one which is deadstock and has the origional cardboard tag is silk satin.
CIMG0468.jpg

CIMG0469.jpg

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
Widebrim said:
Dig that graphic. Has sort of a southern Spain/castles-in-the-air thing going on.

Yes - I thought so too. It seems to have been part of a series called "Globetrotters". Just the thing to brighten up a gloomy Manchester summer. I had my eye on it for a few weeks. The bulls, or oxen or whatever they are have a sort of "cave painting" feel about them. I should receive it over the weekend. I'll post some better pics of it when I get it.

Baron Kurtz said:
And in every price point, i'm sure. Greedy so and so …

My latest lot of 27 came in. 24 useable from the 20s-early 50s. $30 all in including shipping to UK from Nebraska. One absolute lunatic 20s pattern that resembles nothing more than the Pac-Man ghost. pics to come.

bk

Yes, I forgot to mention all price points as well. :p
Not a bad average for 27 ties. I want to see the Pac-Man one. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken