Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim said:
^^Like them all, BK, but especially the first two. The "Pac Man" one also appears to have a floating eyeball thing going on...

Me too :D I am a particular fan of green ties, since I don't find many of them.

Here's another one from the same lot. (It's actually the reason i bought the lot. The picture was blurry, and I couldn't make out what was painted, but it was clear it was an older-ish handpainted.) I think it's from the late 1930s. It's a silk Pilgrim with 3 handpainted peacocks. I had to retie it 4 times to get all the peacocks (or peahens maybe?) visible on the front.

PilgrimPeacocks.jpg

bk

Feraud

Bartender
Three winners here.:eusa_clap The green swirl is my favorite of the group and the others are fine too.
Baron Kurtz said:
1920s, green swirls.

GreenSwirl20sTie.jpg

1920s Pac-Man ghosts. Or maybe something from a Lovecraft tale.

PacManGhost20sTie.jpg

Late 30s (Union label dated 1937) coloured blocks.

Late30sColouredBlocksTie.jpg

bk

Feraud

Bartender
Widebrim said:
Very nice, and rare for a Pilgrim. It does appear to be two peahens and one peacock.
I thought the opposite. Two peacocks with their trains on display and one peahen looking subdued.
Don't the males have the fuller, longer, brighter tails while the females are less flamboyant?

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
I thought the opposite. Two peacocks with their trains on display and one peahen looking subdued.
Don't the males have the fuller, longer, brighter tails while the females are less flamboyant?
it looks like 3 peacocks to me. 2 on display & the middle one has his tail down

Derek WC

Banned
Dating Ties

I have looked at this thread a lot, but I am not quite sure of the difference between ties from the 30's, 40's, 50's and everything up to now, except for ties from the 60's being very thin.

AntonAAK

Practically Family
Definitely all peacocks.

Peahens don't have the big elaborate tails at all. See this picture of a happy peafowl couple...

654px-Peacock_courting_peahen.jpg

AntonAAK

Practically Family
I see what you mean.

And even with his arms raised you cant see any white waistcoat peaking out under the sides of his coat...

dracula-1931-horror-movie-review-21120006.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken