Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Feraud

Bartender
Not sure if I posted these-
Palm Beach
DSC08491.jpg

Towncraft Deluxe
DSC08533.jpg

another Towncraft
DSC08553.jpg

Henley Cravats
DSC08556.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Nice ones, Feraud!

-----------

Got these two at an antique mall over the weekend.

{BTW, they also had two or three others which were obviously '40s and were VERY WIIIIIDE. So much so that they scared even me. :eek: lol Definite "Bold Look" stuff. They were beautiful designs though, and in good condition. Priced oddly at $27.50 for one and $29 for another, etc. Anyone here want me to go back and get them for you if you reimburse?}

DSCN2703.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Here's something a little different, a tie from the inside out. The stitching on the back seam was coming out, so I took out the thread to replace it and decided to open it up all the way to make a pattern from it for altering modern ties to vintage specs. I think this was a homemade tie, probably '30s, the only interfacing is that tiny, thin little strip to stabilize the knot.

DSC04349.jpg

Nick D said:
Here's something a little different, a tie from the inside out. The stitching on the back seam was coming out, so I took out the thread to replace it and decided to open it up all the way to make a pattern from it for altering modern ties to vintage specs. I think this was a homemade tie, probably '30s, the only interfacing is that tiny, thin little strip to stabilize the knot.

DSC04349.jpg

That's interesting to see the construction of the tie.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Here are a couple of older (not sure how old) ties that I found yesterday whilst giving lolly loisides a tour of the local thrift stores.

The first one is 48" long, textured fabric with a bit of a sheen. I like this one a lot. The second tie is silk, 50" long. Haven't decided yet if it's cool or just ugly, but I like the pattern match on the two ends. Any thoughts on the dates?

Tie_RBGstripe1.jpg

Tie_RBGstripe2.jpg

Tie_RBGstripe3.jpg

Tie_BrownSwirl1.jpg

Tie_BrownSwirl2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken