Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
Thanks! I'm never sure if people in England actually use the metric system for weight. So, no one uses stone anymore? (Tell me to shut up if need be.)

Feraud

Bartender
Found these today at a thrift shop.
DSC05487.jpg

DSC05488.jpg

zaika

One Too Many
Found some cool stuff today. I went over my budget by $20, but I was excited to find these things.

a lovely apron

DSC06611.jpg

these 78's were $2 a pop...and they are all in great condition. i was tempted to buy the whole box.

DSC06613.jpg

this is a sample book of various Christmas cards you can get personalized. i'm going to copy them to card stock this year for my christmas cards.

DSC06624.jpg

DSC06629.jpg

christmas name labels from 1928.

DSC06631.jpg

DSC06632.jpg

a shirley temple brand scrapbook full of head shots of actors and actresses (mae west, joan crawford, etc) and cut outs from magazines. i believe the date would be 1935.

DSC06636.jpg

these i thought were cute

DSC06634.jpg
DSC06635.jpg

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
From this weekend's thriftin' and yard salin'...

This 1950s or 60s work of art measures 33" x 22" and really looks cool when you turn off all the lights in the room and leave this one on. It cost me $15.

frame-1.jpg
[/IMG]

lit.jpg
[/IMG]

From the same yard sale I got this vintage tie rack and tie bar (I have lots of similar ones, but still have to buy every one I come across...for a buck). I was just disappointed that there were no vintage neckties there. :mad:

tierack.jpg
[/IMG]

tiebar.jpg
[/IMG]

Feraud

Bartender
This is a cool tie rack.
Nice score Quigley.
Quigley Brown said:
From the same yard sale I got this vintage tie rack and tie bar (I have lots of similar ones, but still have to buy every one I come across...for a buck). I was just disappointed that there were no vintage neckties there. :mad:

tierack.jpg
[/IMG]

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
Love the horsey art, QB- is it by any chance a Helmscene? And those cards and labels are fabulous, zaika- I wish I could find some like that!

I did get a couple things today: a bellywarmer tie, Orchids of Hawaii tiki mug, and some vintage notepaper for a total of $7.

100_2996.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My latest freebie:

trunk1_062608.jpg

trunk2_062608.jpg

This Victorian barrel topped trunk is paneled in wood, and has oak staves trimmed with metal embellishments and embossed leather in a flowered pattern. It's wonderful -- but needs work. I'll be posting some questions in another thread on how to restore it along with more pictures.

ShortClara

One Too Many
I have been very happy with my recent acquisitions! :D

50s cotton button-down

Blouse.jpg

Jewelry

Jewelry1.jpg

I'm not much of a hat person, but these leapt off the shelf and followed me home!

Straw1.jpg

Black1.jpg

And, a Victory harmonica in the box. Can anyone tell me how old this is? I don't play, but it was too cool to leave there! I may gift it to a friend :)

Victory1.jpg

Victory2.jpg

Victory3.jpg

Josephine

One Too Many
ShortClara said:
And, a Victory harmonica in the box. Can anyone tell me how old this is? I don't play, but it was too cool to leave there! I may gift it to a friend :)

I know of one harmonica player on the Lounge, you might want to put it up in the Classified section and see if anyone salutes. :)

zaika

One Too Many
i got this baby for a buck at a yard sale today. according to toaster.org (quite possibly one of the coolest websites ever), this model/serial number was manufactured between september 1945 and and september 1946.

i haven't tried it yet to see if it works...but the folks who sold it said it did. we'll see after a good cleaning. any tips on how to clean something like this without hurting it?

DSC06806.jpg

DSC06797.jpg

i can't tell if that's rust or or not...

DSC06804.jpg

it needs some serious cleaning

DSC06809.jpg

and the wiring looks okay to me...

DSC06807.jpg

i'm excited to clean it and try it out!

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had to (gulp) throw away my toaster and my husband's toaster when I found mouse poo in the bottoms when we had a mouse infestation. I decided there was just no way to clean out a toaster for use after that. They weren't vintage but I hate to throw anything away, I'd rather recycle or reuse.
So, Zaika, maybe just use it for display?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe